We carry out our social responsibilities as a responsible corporate citizen,
and encourage our employees to actively participate in such endeavors.
- Providing Aid to Children Around the World
- Hanwha has teamed up with UNICEF to kick-start a campaign called “Dish for Children.”
Working with Hanwha affiliate companies, the goal of the campaign is to solve the problem
of hunger for children all around the world.
Promoting the philosophy of “Further Together,” a belief that going further together is
a better choice than going faster alone, Hanwha aims to give hope to the young lives
that are in need of help. “Dish for Children” was started for this very reason, in order
to contribute to the global community and enhance the lives of those in need.
- Education and Public Services in Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda
- We are actively serving communities far beyond Korea, sponsoring or co-sponsoring a number of development projects in needy areas of Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. In 2011, we built and donated seven classrooms, administrative offices, and a faculty dormitory for Muyagu Primary School in Uganda, making the dreams of over 500 local students come true.
- Happy Tomorrows: Hanwha Plus Art
- We also teach music, the fine arts, and performing arts to children from low-income families
to develop their creativity through a group-wide program called "Happy Tomorrows: Hanwha Plus Art" in South Korea. Additionally, we help special needs children adapt to society and subsidize medical expenses for those who are suffering from rare and incurable diseases.
In the culture and the arts fields, we present a wealth of quality music programs for the under-privileged and people living in remote and rural areas of the country as we help promote
and popularize classical music.
- Seoul International Fireworks Festival
- Each fall, Hanwha sponsors the Seoul International Fireworks Festival with more than one million people taking part along the Han River in South Korea. In this event, spectators are lining the banks of the Han River and other vantage points, with their eyes trained carefully on the precisely timed bursts of energy and light above.
- Distribution of Free Braille Calendar for the Visually Impaired
- Hanwha Group has been distributing Braille calendars since 2000, at a time when Braille calendars were not commercially available. The Braille calendar was created under the slogan "With an inner mind and loving hands" and was distributed freely to the Center for the Disabled and to those visually impaired that wanted the calendar in South Korea. It was very well received by the visually impaired and even more widely within the community.