Hanwha is on a quest to excel and innovate with the spirit of a challenger to broaden expertise in global construction. Hanwha’s construction business is driven to achieve world-class performance
for valued customers.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Revitalizes Iraq with the Successful Inauguration of Bismayah City Hanwha E&C is continuing its legacy of successes across the globe, with the New Bismayah City project in the Bismayah region, southeast of Baghdad. At 1,830 hectares, not only is the scale of the project unprecedented but also it is the most ambitious civil infrastructure project in Iraq’s history.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Signs MOU to Build 100,000 Housing Units in Saudi Arabia in Consortium with Daewoo E&C Hanwha Engineering and Construction and Daewoo E&C signed a MOU for the construction of a large-scale overseas housing construction project on March 24th at the JW Marriott Hotel in Seoul, in a ceremony attended by Saudi Arabia's Minister of Housing Majed al-Hogail, Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Kang Ho-in, CEO of Daewoo E&C Park Young-sik and President & CEO of Hanwha E&C Choi Kwang-ho. A consortium formed by the two Korean construction companies will build 100,000 housing units over the next ten years.
- Chairman Seung Youn Kim Met Former President of The Heritage Foundation Edwin J. Feulner, Jr. Hanwha Group Chairman Seung Youn Kim met Chairman of the Asian Studies Center of The Heritage Foundation (former president of The Heritage Foundation) Edwin J. Feulner, Jr. at the Group headquarters on February 4 to discuss an array of issues, including Korea-U.S. economic relations, prospects on the U.S. presidential election, the current situation on the Korean Peninsula as well as Hanwha Group's key businesses, as part of his efforts to pursue non-governmental diplomacy.
- Hanwha Chairman Seung Youn Kim Visited the Bismayah New City Project(BNCP) Site in Iraq BNCP is a mega construction project to build 100,000 residential units
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction "Design the World" The Bismayah New City Project is a unique case in the world’s construction history.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Wins Contract for US$935 Million Chemical Plant in Saudi Arabia The project is part of the next-generation business development plans promoted by Saudi King, Abdullah.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Receives US$450 Million Order from Algerian Public Energy Corporation to Build Plant Hanwha Engineering & Construction announced last week that it has accepted the order placed by the Societe Algerienne de Production d’Electricite (SPE) to construct a power plant that would cost up to US$450 million. Hanwha Engineering & Construction has the experience of successfully constructing a US$400 million oil plant in Arzew, Algeria in 2008. This time, Hanwha will be constructing a power plant that produces electricity through natural gas in a province called Biskra, 330 kilometers away from Algeria’s capital city, Algiers. The construction is expected to take about 14 to 15 months and once it is finished, a Simple Cycle Power Plant will start to operate, producing 450MW of electricity. The contracted price is US$448,737,000.
Hanwha is expanding its presence as a top global player by winning mega-city projects like Bismayah New City in Iraq, a highly technology and knowledge-intensive undertaking, and various landmarks with superb design and the latest technologies.
Bismayah New City, Iraq 10 Billion USD to build 100,000 houses
Philippine Arena The Largest domed performance hall
Hanwha Engineering & Construction Leading constructor in Korea
Hanwha's construction business aims to enrich the places where life exists and brighten the faces of cities. Hanwha brings joy to everyday lives while remaining at the forefront of industrial advancement.
Plants Leading the industry by integrating advanced technologies and extensive experience.
Building & Housing Experience and devotion built on technology, creating beautiful and practical spaces.
Civil Works Contributing to efficient land development and the balanced growth of society.
Building new worlds across the globe, Hanwha is making history in the construction industry.
Aug 2011 to Feb 2014
and Desalination Plant
Ras Az Zawr, Saudi Arabia
Dec 2007 to Sep 2010
New City Project
2012 to 2019
Feb 2008 to July 2011
Hanwha’s global construction business is forging new paths in the fields of plants, civil engineering works and construction on the strengths of proprietary technology, stable financial structure and 50 years of experience in major construction fields.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Capitalizing on extensive experience and technologies gained over the course of numerous construction projects, Hanwha E&C has been rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20% since 2002. Our competitiveness is internationally recognized, ranking 72nd on the list of Global Contractors announced by the international construction magazine Engineering News Record (ENR) in 2014. Our goal is to become a world-renowned construction company by 2020 with our “Design the World” vision.
Through knowledge attained from the land development of successfully establishing Daedeok Techno Valley of Korea, Hanwha’s construction business is broadening its vision on the global stage.
- Hanwha City Development Hanwha City Development has been recognized as a leading private developer of hightech industrial multiplexes since our successful completion of the Daedeok Techno Valley in 2009. Other successful projects include: Asan Techno Valley (2,984,000m2, 300 enterprises, 8,000 households, completed in 2014), Seosan Techno Valley (1,994,000m2, 200 enterprises, 6,000 households, scheduled to be completed in 2015), Gimhae Techno Valley (1,522,000m2, 200 enterprises, scheduled to be completed in 2016), and Gyeonggi Hwaseong Bio Valley (1,745,000m2, 200 enterprises, scheduled to be completed in 2016). These projects have all received high evaluations and are viewed as exemplary regional development models after being benchmarked by several local governments.
Hanwha Construction will continue to expand its overseas businesses through the extensive global network of Hanwha Group and by tapping into the global market beyond its strategic regional foothold, the Middle East and Africa.
marketing & sales
IRAQ, KOREA, KUWAIT,
SAUDI ARABIA, UAE, AND USA