Hanwha is on a quest to excel and innovate with the spirit of a challenger to broaden expertise in business for leisure and lifestyle. Hanwha's business in leisure and lifestyle is driven to create a richer and more enjoyable life for valued customers.
- THE PLAZA Celebrates its 40 Year History in the Heart of Seoul On October 1st, 2016, the luxury boutique hotel ‘THE PLAZA’ unveiled a special logo designed to commemorate its 40th anniversary.
- The Grand Opening of Galleria Duty Free 63 On July 15th, Hanwha’s Galleria Duty Free 63 has officially come alive as the newest destination to provide a sightseeing and shopping experience that people have come to expect from the Galleria name. You’ll find the Galleria's new duty-free store in the 63 Building in Yeouido of Seoul, nicknamed the "Gold Bar", a fitting location for the high-end store.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Advances into China with Its Aquarium Business Hanwha Hotels & Resorts has now fully advanced into China with its aquarium business. Having signed a business partnership MOU in 2013 with ‘Wanda Group’, China’s largest commercial property company, Hanwha Hotels & Resorts has consulted on the construction and design of the world-class ‘Wanda Nanchang Aquarium’, which celebrated its grand opening on May 28 (Sat).
- Michelin Star Chefs Impress Luxury Gourmets at THE PLAZA Gala Dinner THE PLAZA, a luxury boutique hotel, offers gourmets craving for gastronomical delight an opportunity of haute cuisine pleasure through catering an event by inviting Michelin Guide’s celebrity chefs across the globe.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts' THE PLAZA Signs Strategic Partnership with Marriott International, Autograph Collection THE PLAZA, Korea’s award-winning luxury boutique hotel, will join Autograph Collection, Marriott International’s exclusive portfolio of hotels recognized for celebrating bold individuality.
- Galleria Duty Free 63: “A Journey to Modern Luxury” to Seoul’s Golden Landmark A "Golden Journey" has begun with the opening of Galleria Duty Free 63 in December, 2015. Galleria Duty Free 63 is located in the 63 Building, one of Seoul's best known landmarks
A Whole New Level of Experience Korea’s premier boutique hotel, THE PLAZA is recognized as one of the top hotels in Seoul, as well as in Asia, and has been honored with many accolades. THE PLAZA differentiates itself from standard hotels in contemporary design, personalized services and the latest automation systems which fit a city of international business.
Where Luxury and Inspiration Meet THE PLAZA is the ultimate destination for a stylish and unique hotel experience that goes beyond an ordinary holiday or business trip.
Hanwha Galleria Proposes
a Journey to the Style Destination Hanwha Galleria strives to provide enjoyable shopping experience for shoppers through customer-centric service and creative atmosphere.
Hanwha's goal is to meet and exceed the evolving needs of customers around the globe
through innovative and genuine services that delight and create lasting memories.
Korea’s Largest Resort condominium
Jeju Aquaplanet Top 10 among indoor aquariums in the world
THE PLAZA Top 25 business hotel in Asia by Smart Travel
Hanwha has achieved successful results in the US, Japan and China with its competitive business know-how over decades of a specialized and systematic operation system.
Resort As Korea’s premier and largest resort operator, Hanwha Hotels & Resorts operates twelve directly-run condominiums and golf courses, with constant renovation of our facilities for full customer satisfaction.
Hotel THE PLAZA is located in the heart of Seoul, and it provides sentimental designs and exquisite services, corresponding to its motto “Stay in Style” as a luxury boutique hotel.
Retail Hanwha Galleria provides its customers with an unparalleled shopping experience as Asia’s number one premium retailer.
Aquarium Based on 27 years of experience from operating the 63 Seaworld, Aqua Planets in Yeosu, Jeju, and Ilsan were launched, building the largest aquarium belt
in the nation.
Food Culture The Food Culture Division has been providing comprehensive food-related services for various areas. It boasts excellent food resource providing capability and a rigorous food safety and sanitation system, top class in the industry, based on its advanced delivery system and food R&D center.
Thanks to our long history and wide-ranging experience in international commerce and successful integration, many world-class organizations look to Hanwha's expertise in the leisure & lifestyle industry.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts owns and operates an international network of hospitality and leisure businesses. We began operations as the developer of Korea’s first resort condominium project in 1979, and grew rapidly after joining Hanwha in 1986. In 2009, we merged with Hanwha Development and Hanwha 63 City, creating a diversified business portfolio that includes hotels, resorts, gourmet restaurants, banquet services, and leisure attractions.
- Hanwha Galleria Since being founded in 1976, Hanwha Galleria has set the trend for premium lifestyles as the top player in the retail industry.
- Hanwha Galleria Timeworld Hanwha Galleria Timeworld is the largest high-end department store in the central part of Korea. It specializes in luxurious fashion brands from around the world, hosting the area’s first Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Prada stores, and cementing its status as the premier high-end shopping destination in Daejeon. The landmark is easy to navigate and provides lounges where customers can rest as they shop. It is also a cultural hub, housing a community center that caters to a broad range of activities with over 400 seasonal programs during the year.
Together with IT services, creative advertising and other organizations,
Hanwha has created a new leisure and lifestyle to enrich our customers' lives.
- Hanwha S&C Founded in 2001, Hanwha S&C provides world-class IT solutions and services to a variety of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, construction, distribution, education, and green energy. We are working hard to improve the value and competitiveness of our clients by synthesizing smart technology and creative ideas.
- Hanwha 63 City Hanwha 63 City manages buildings and real estate property for numerous clients, including Hanwha affiliates. Among our properties is the landmark 63 Building. Founded in 1986 and acquired as a Hanwha affiliate in 2002, we have accumulated significant expertise in property management, consulting, leasing, and facility maintenance. We also provide state-of-the-art solar and geothermal energy solutions to the residential and commercial markets. The synergies of our business portfolio with the rest of the Group’s have provided the key to our continuous growth. We will continue to innovate and satisfy our customers, standing as Korea’s number one property management expert.
- Hanwha Station Development Hanwha Station Development is the developer and manager of two major commercial railway stations in Seoul. We developed the complex for the centrally located Seoul Station and Cheongnyangni Station, a logistics hub in the northeastern part of Seoul. With this expertise, the company will become a professional commercial facility development and operation company.
- Hanwha Eagles The Hanwha Eagles were founded as the seventh Korea Baseball Organization (KBO) club in 1985. The Eagles’ home ballpark is the Hanwha Life Eagles Park located in Daejeon, South Korea, making the club the highest-profile sports organization in the Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do region. Founded as the Binggrae Eagles in 1985, the club changed its name into the Hanwha Eagles in 1993. Winning their first Korean Series championship in 1999, the Hanwha Eagles are one of KBO's leading teams, with five seasons as the runner-up of the Korean Series including in 2006. The Eagles became the first team in Korean baseball history to advance into the playoffs three years in a row, from 2005 to 2007, and members of the team formed the backbone of Korea's national baseball team that wowed fans by reaching the final four in 2006 and placing second in 2009 in the World Baseball Classic games. The club has produced many legendary players throughout its history, including Hyun-Jin Ryu, the first ever KBO player to go directly to MLB. As one of the top pro baseball teams in Korea, the Hanwha Eagles always strive to return the love and dedication shown by their fans. The Eagles brought in Kim Sung-keun as the team's manager in 2014, taking the team's performance to the next level and winning new fans. The Hanwha Eagles always aim to bring the highest level of enjoyment to their fans and local community by fielding their best performance each and every game, regardless of what the scoreboard says. Off the field, the team is devoted to a wide variety of corporate social responsibility activities and is a key partner in efforts to develop local communities.
Hanwha’s leisure and lifestyle business plans to continue expanding to become Asia's number one leisure and lifestyle organization through the extensive network of Hanwha Group.
- manufacturing JAPAN
- marketing & sales CHINA, KOREA, and USA