Please click the flags to see Hanwha's news updates around the globe
- Hanwha Chemical (Ningbo) Co., Ltd. On December 13th, the CEO of Hanwha Chemical Chang Bum Kim visited the management committee of the Daxie Development Zone in Ningbo. Mr. Kim met with the chief manager to discuss the development progress of the Daxie Development Zone and the overall business operations at Hanwha Chemical.
In the meeting, Mr. Kim expressed his gratitude to the management committee for their support and to the Hanwha Chemical Ningbo employees for their efforts and achievements in 2016. He also pledged to strengthen cooperation between Hanwha Chemical and the Daxie Management team.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical China Hanwha Total Petrochemical China held a strategy meeting on December 15th. During the meeting, representatives of the Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Beijing Offices gave a briefing on the sales results in 2016 and the market situation for each office’s key products.
“We should embrace challenges and reach greater success in 2017,” said the Vice President of Hanwha Total Petrochemical China Jinsoo Park. He concluded his speech, thanking the employees for their concerted efforts over the past year.
- Hanwha Chemical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. On November 22nd, Hanwha Chemical Trading (Shanghai) changed its official name to Hanwha Chemical (Shanghai). The new name is more consistent to the naming convention used by Hanwha for all its affiliate companies and better maintains its brand coherence. More importantly, it is part of the effort to build on Hanwha’s corporate identity that represents the unity among the Hanwha Chemical’s affiliated companies. This alignment between the companies is also expected to increase the brand consonance and improve the communication between the Hanwha companies and the public.
- Hanwha China Hanwha China held its 2016 China Human Resources Management Seminar in Shanghai from December 8th to the 9th. A total of 28 executives from Hanwha Q CELLS, Hanwha Chemical, Sino-Korea Life, Hanwha Techwin, Hanwha Systems, Hanwha Corporation, Hanwha Advanced Materials and Hanwha Galleria attended the seminar.
The seminar was divided into four sessions: 1) sharing financial and accounting management case studies for accounting specialists, 2) sharing human resources management case studies in China, 3) sharing Hanwha Advanced Materials’ human resource consulting result, and 4) the introduction to Hanwha Techwin’s human resource management system.
At the 'CEO Meeting of Hanwha Group's Affiliated Companies in China' on December 9th, each affiliate company gave a business update, reported on future plans, introduced their human resource management system and discussed how to promote cooperation between the affiliate companies and their headquarters in South Korea. Similar meetings will be held in the future to improve the effectiveness of the Hanwha Group businesses in China.
- Acropark Golf Corp. In 2004, the Hanwha Group acquired a golf course and a hotel that’s been owned and operated by Nagasaki Airport Country Development since 1991. After major renovations, Hanwha reopened the hotel and golf course as the Ocean Palace Golf Club & Resort (OPGC). Hanwha’s dedication to hospitality and industry experience has transformed the property into a high-profile destination. Located on the seaside, the OPGC offers golfers an open view surrounded by the golf course - 5 holes are on the island itself and another 4 holes across the sea. With calm waves and perpetually warm climate, the OPGC is open year-round.
Nagasaki is the oldest international port in Japan with a long history of being a cultural center where ideas and traditions from around the world come together. The city has taken this rich legacy of interactions and have made it their own culture – locally unique and unlike any other in Japan. The region's most famous dishes include the Nagasaki Castella cakes that’s famous for their chewy texture and the flavorful Nagasaki noodles that’s sure to please anyone who tries them.
- The Hanwha Corporation signed a contract extension with Whitehaven Coal Limited, a coal producer of Australia, to provide extended mining services¹ including the manufacture and supply of industrial explosives. Under the five-year deal, Hanwha is expected to supply approximately 65,000 tons of industrial explosives per year.
Hanwha Corporation’s relationship with Whitehaven Coal dates back to August 2015, when Hanwha acquired LDE². The contract extension serves as a positive testimony for the Hanwha Corporation’s industrial explosives and mining services. It also represents a meaningful forward momentum towards establishing the company’s future global business.
Hanwha Corporation’s industrial explosives, currently being produced in Australia, are gaining attention for both their effectiveness and reduced toxicity in post-blast gas. Post-blast gas, which often contains toxic substances, is a problem closely monitored by the Australian government, local communities and environmental organizations, in addition to being a major concern for miners.
Hanwha Corporation’s best practices were introduced at the ‘2016 AusIMM Open Pit Operators’ Conference’ held on November 15th and was well received by the participants.
Since first entering the global mining market in 2014, Hanwha Corporation has provided mining services to countries including Australia and Indonesia. Now, with confidence from having proven itself in Australia, the Hanwha Corporation is gearing up to expand its business into other major overseas markets with its state-of-the-art systems, production facilities, higher quality and better product development capabilities.
1. Mining Services
A comprehensive range of services required for mining, including manufacturing of explosives, Down-The-Hole service, blasting and post-blast processing.
2. LDE (Low Density Explosives Corporation Australia)
An affiliate company, acquired by the Hanwha Corporation in August 2015, that provides mining services with the capacity of producing 200,000 tons of industrial explosives per year.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Korea Conducts A Business Information Session For Solar Power Generation
On November 19th, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea held a business information session at the Goma Art Center in Gongju, Korea. The event was aimed at promoting their 100 KW solar power plants to the attendees. A total of 250 potential customers attended and showed high interest not only in the potential of solar energy but also on what it could do for their businesses or properties.
After speeches from the CEO of Hanwha Q CELLS Korea Moon Hwan Cha and the Mayor of Gongju Si Duck Oh, presenters from Hanwha Q CELLS explained financing options, the EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) of PV systems and O&M services as well as the cost effectiveness of solar panels.
Hanwha Q CELLS Korea provided consultation on the solar system installation with respect to specific property information and also reviewed the applicants’ credit ratings to determine their financial qualifications. The company explained the necessary grid connection with the Korea Electric Power Corporation, on-site inspection, construction procedure and O&M services.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Receives Award from Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy
On December 1st, 2016, Hanwha was recognized as a world leading solar company and was commended for contributing to green growth at the 13th Korea New Growth Management Awards ceremony. The event was sponsored by Maeil Business Newspaper, a leading Korean daily, and the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy. The award is a recognition of companies that have successfully contributed to science, technology, and information technology based on next-generation growth engines.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. Hanwha Q CELLS Malaysia Participates in IGEM 2016
Hanwha Chemical exhibited its products at the International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition (IGEM) 2016 in Malaysia, building the company’s reputation abroad and attracting potential customers.
IGEM has been held since 2010 and serves as a green technology market platform in Malaysia. Businesses and experts from both private and public sectors around the region attended the event to pursue new business opportunities.
Hanwha Q CELLS Malaysia has taken part in the exhibition since 2012 to secure promotional channels and enhance brand image. Their participation has enabled the company to forge business relationships with potential customers in Indonesia, Singapore, and the Middle East, as well as improve its prospects in Malaysia.
United States of America레이어 닫기
- Hanwha Azdel Inc. Hanwha Azdel Volunteers Deliver Christmas Gifts to Children in Need
The main founding principle of the Hanwha Group is, as a business, to contribute to the society and the local community. This is why Hanwha has always placed a strong emphasis on carrying out its social responsibility in areas such as worldwide humanitarian relief, foreign aid, education and public service. Hanwha continues to encourage its employees to contribute to these causes and volunteer as much as they can.
In an effort to embody company values, Hanwha Azdel has partnered with the Salvation Army, an international charitable organization. And, beginning last year, Azdel employees have begun volunteering at several events.
Just this past Christmas season, Hanwha Azdel employees participated in Sheetz for the Kidz, a joint event by Salvation Army and Sheetz. In the spirit of Christmas, Hanwha Azdel employees assisted a chain of gas stations and convenience stores to shop, wrap and deliver gifts of clothing and toys to over 100 children in need.
- Hanwha Q CELLS America 1 Year After Record Deal - US Power Plants Generates Energy
It has been over a year and a half since Hanwha Q CELLS America announced a record-breaking supply agreement with NextEra Energy Resources. Now, a year after official shipments have commenced, NextEra has held ribbon-cutting ceremonies featuring state leaders at both the Roswell and Chaves Solar Energy Centers and the Blythe and McCoy Solar Energy Centers. Hanwha Q CELLS America was there for both, pleased be at the ceremonies as an honored guest.
The Roswell and Chaves plant represents New Mexico’s largest solar energy project, featuring 140MW of solar modules across 1,400 acres of land. The plants will be able to supply electricity to more than 40,000 households every year and eliminate roughly 240,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuels. This project marks the first completed plant since the announcement of the record deal between Hanwha Q CELLS and NextEra.
Shortly after, another ribbon cutting ceremony was held for the 485MW Blythe & McCoy solar plant. The plant will generate a year’s worth of power for 181,000 households and cut carbon dioxide emissions by 774,000 tons. The energy generated from this plant will serve Southern California Edison customers and help healthcare providers like Kaiser Permanente become carbon net positive.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials America LLC The Rehau Group has selected Hanwha Advanced Materials America as the official expanded polypropylene (EPP) Energy Absorber (E/Abs) supplier for the Mercedes-Benz’s C-Class. The new business is expected to generate annual sales revenue of $600,000 USD. Production will start in August of 2018 in Opelika, Alabama.
Hanwha Advanced Materials will continuously work to expand its business to become a leading global original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and the number one supplier in the market.