Hanwha Worldwide News: January-2018
Please click the flags to see Hanwha's news updates around the globe
- Hanwha Chemical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. From December 15th to the 17th, the China International Coatings Exhibition (CHINA COAT 2017) was held in Shanghai, China. This is a venue to explore new business opportunities, exchange know-how, share experiences, and build partnerships. CHINA COAT 2017 is its 22nd anniversary where more than 100,000 people from 1,200 companies in 34 countries were. At the exhibition, Hanwha Chemical held a booth to introduce the company's latest alkali-soluble resin (ASR) and emulsion that are used as raw materials for water-based inks and overprint varnishes (OPVs). With the most advanced coating properties and eco-friendly features, the products can greatly improve work environments.
At the exhibition, Hanwha Chemical promoted its products and engaged in technology-exchange activities, giving the company an opportunity to discuss the application of advanced technologies and the development of the solar industry.
- Hanwha Q CELLS (Qidong) Co., Ltd. Hanwha Q CELLS' New Q.PEAK G5 Receives 'Top Runner' Certificate
On December 8, Hanwha Q CELLS Qidong Plant completed the pilot of its new high-efficiency single crystal solar module – the Q.PEAK G5 series. Upon completion, the company received a Top Runner certificate for achieving high standards set by the China Quality Certification Center (CQC). The Top Runner certification is part of the Chinese government's special plan to encourage the production and adoption of high-efficiency photovoltaic modules that meet high levels of generation capacity. To determine the most advanced technology, CQC used an evaluation system to analyze the solar modules in terms of efficiency, environmental adaptability and durability.
The certified Q.PEAK G5 combines Hanwha Q CELLS' proprietary Q.ANTUM technology and the industry's first 6-busbar technology to dramatically improve the power production in real-world settings. Q. PEAK G5 modules consisting of 60 cells and 70 cells differ in maximum output and are optimized for various conditions found in residential, commercial and general terrestrial power plants.
The Top Runner certification helps Hanwha Q CELLS lead the way to provide superior solutions for customers in the Chinese market.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Trading (Shanghai) On November 18th, the 9th Kimchi sharing event was held near the Daesan factory with local residents, 37 representatives from partner companies and 770 Hanwha Total Petrochemical employees from China, Japan and Taiwan.
This is an annual event hosted by Hanwha Total Petrochemical every November to spread the traditions and culture of Korea through the sharing of the Kimchi dish with local residents and Hanwha's overseas partners. At the same time, it serves as an opportunity to promote the local agricultural products. The kimchi made during the event was wrapped in Hanwha Total Petrochemical's high-quality polypropylene (PP) wrapper and delivered to the families who participated in the event.
- On December 20, Hanwha Advanced Materials held its 3rd annual Innovation Festival. These festivals are designed to boost employees' self-esteem and loyalty. Individuals and teams who made contributions to the company's development were rewarded according to a set of standards and criteria for evaluation. Approximately 150 people attended the event, including CEO Sun Suk Lee, other executives and employees from headquarters, the Eumsung plant and the Lightweight Composite Materials Development Center.
The event concluded with all the employees sharing best practices from their divisions before they bonded over refreshments. At the event, Lee said, "All of our employees, who have been contributing to the growth of our company this year, are today's heroes. Next year, I hope you continue this legacy by doing your best as heroes of innovation and achieve our collective vision to secure future growth."
- Hanwha Corporation/Explosives On November 30, Kyeong Seok Ok, the new CEO of Hanwha Corporation/Explosives, went on a hardhat tour at the Boeun plant which was recently named 2017's best plant out of all 79 facilities operated by all 20 affiliates in the Hanwha group for its safety and environmental record. On his tour, Ok said "We are very pleased to recognize this facility for its excellent safety management performance." He also encouraged employees at the plant to keep up their hard work.
- On December 19th at the aquarium Aqua Planet 63, Hanwha Hotels & Resorts signed an MOU with Smart Study promising close cooperation, co-branding and exchange of content. Smart Study is a global content company that has created the globally renowned character Pinkfong. The company's Shark Family has 1.5 billion views on Youtube from avid fans around the world.
Hanwha Hotels & Resorts announced that it will not only feature Pinkfong in its four aquariums operated nationwide, but also plan to work on joint projects to release co-branded products. The partnership also includes the launch of experiential learnings, educational programs and a new underwater attraction. Kyu Geun Lee – managing director of Hanwha Hotels & Resort – said, "As the demand for cultural content grows, we see enormous opportunities to extend our business into new industries. By combining brand awareness and the global influence of Pinkfong, Hanwha can deliver more value to a wider audience". He added, "In the future, we plan to showcase Pinkfong content using the latest technology such as virtual reality and holograms."
- On December 21st, the 2nd Bazaar Happy Story 2017 charity event was held at 63 Building in Yeouido, Korea. This charity event is aimed at fostering unity between various organizations to help socially disadvantaged people. More than 30 teams from headquarters and national business offices were invited. Hanwha Hotels & Resorts sold items donated by employees where the proceeds will go to helping the marginalized members of society and to the Beautiful Store – a Korean nonprofit organization and charity shop.
A session called Communication Day was also held to provide employees the opportunity to learn about the company's vision, strategy and the state of the business status across every department. Seok Moon, CEO of Hanwha Hotels & Resorts, said, "The bazaar that we started last year to provide opportunities for employees to communicate and unite, has been a complete success. The company will continue supporting these initiatives in the future and give back to our communities."
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical's Polypropylene Production Exceeds Ten Million Tons
On December 5th, Hanwha Total Petrochemical's production of polypropylene (PP) exceeded a cumulative total of 10 million tons since its commercial operation began in 1991. Polypropylene is a raw material essential in manufacturing plastic products. Polypropylene produced by Hanwha Total Petrochemical is recognized for its superior quality. Hanwha Total Petrochemical's Flow Mark-free PP, used primarily for automobile exteriors, was recently awarded as a world-class product by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce in Korea. The world-class product is given only to companies whose product(s) rank at least the 5th in the world or hold at least 5% of the global market share. At the ceremony held on December 19th, Hee Chul Kim, CEO of Hanwha Total Petrochemical, praised the employees, "Thanks to your efforts, our company has been able to exceed cumulative production total of ten million tons. I hope we continue to make products recognized worldwide."
United States of America레이어 닫기
- Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. From December 4 to 5, Hanwha Q CELLS participated in 'Solar Canada 2017', held at the Metro Toronto Convention Center in Toronto, Ontario. Canada's largest solar energy conference and exposition, the event is annually hosted by the Canadian Solar Industries Association (CanSIA). At the exhibition, Hanwha Q CELLS showcased the new high-power product Q.PEAK DUO modules to the Canadian Market, attracting thousands of attendees from across the solar industry.
During the event, high-level officials from the energy industry in the United States and Canada were invited as guest speakers at a forum to discuss residential solar power, storage and energy management in the Canadian market. The expo provided Hanwha Q CELLS a great opportunity to discuss the benefits of solar energy and Hanwha Q CELLS' proprietary Q.ANTUM technology with the public.