Please click the flags to see Hanwha's news updates around the globe
- Hanwha Chemical (Ningbo) Hanwha Chemical Ningbo's CEO Cho Won Receives Jasmin Commemorative Award from the City of Ningbo
Cho Won, CEO of Hanwha Chemical Ningbo received the Jasmin Commemorative Award in recognition of his contribution to the economic development of Ningbo, China. At the 21st Ningbo Jasmin Award Ceremony held on June 27th, CEO Cho Won received a plaque and the official Jasmin Commemorative Award from the city’s mayor Wang Jian Hou. This award is given to any foreigners who dedicate themselves to the development of Ningbo city.
- Sino-Korea Life Insurance Held a company-wide retreat in May in an effort to help employees bond and build relationships. Family members were also present, allowing employees to relax and enjoy time with their loved ones and colleagues.
- Hanwha SolarOne Technology Held the ‘Speed Walking Competition’ on June 6th in order to build comradery in the office. 80 employees participated in the competition, and it helped to foster a cooperative team spirit within the workplace while encouraging active communication between colleagues.
- Hanwha Group Headquarters is Identified by the city of Seoul as an Eco-Friendly Green Building
Hanwha Group’s headquarters began a remodeling initiative in March of 2016. Once completed, the Hanwha HQ building, with its innovative design and use of renewable energy technology such as insulating glass and solar modules, will stand as a symbol of environmentally-conscious design in the city of Seoul. At the same time, it will boost Hanwha’s overall image as an eco-friendly “green” company. The remodeling project is scheduled to complete in 2019.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Reinforces its Partnership with NextEra
Executives from NextEra (Hanwha Q CELLS' top client) visited Korea in May 2016. The key executives from both companies attended the rollout of the first cells produced at Hanwha’s Jincheon Plant and also sat together to watch the opening game of the Hanwha Eagles’ 2016 season. The partnership between Hanwha Q CELLS and NextEra dates back to late 2015 and the signing of the year-long supply agreement for 1.5 GW scale modules. The contract is considered the largest deal in the history of the photovoltaic industry. This progress inspired Hanwha to invest approximately 374 million USD in the company’s Jincheon Plant. The plant’s fully-automated production system produces cells combined with the Q.ANTUM technology of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Finds Success in Turkey
After debuting in August 2014, Hanwha Q CELLS has emerged as one of the leaders in the Turkish solar energy market. It is expanding its business to downstream businesses. Hanwha Q CELLS signed a contract to supply 350 MW HSL modules to the Turkish market. The modules will be produced at the company’s Qidong plant in China. A team from Hanwha Q CELLS Turkey attended the Solarex Trade Fair – held in the city of Istanbul from April 7th until 9th. Solarex is the only photovoltaic exhibition in Turkey. The team generated a high level of interest among the attendees by presenting the technology, the products, and services behind the Hanwha’s core values.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Mexico In order to create a friendlier work environment, on a monthly basis, employees celebrates each other’s birthdays, singing the traditional Mexican song "Las Mañanitas." The initiative aims to help employees feel more valued within the company while also encouraging and helping them establish connections across multiple levels within the organization.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Introduces Saipan World Resort
Hanwha Hotels & Resorts acquired the Saipan World Resort in 2010—the only Korean-style luxury resort in the South Pacific. The 10-story Saipan World Resort features 259 luxurious suites built on a 42,900 square meter property. The hotel is surrounded by natural beaches that provide guests with beautiful ocean views from every room. Saipan World Resort is host to seven gourmet restaurants & bars. Featuring a number of amenities including a fitness center, spa, playground and a grand ballroom that can accommodate more than 500 people, Saipan World Resort offers guests an unrivaled experience. Located roughly 10 minutes from Saipan International Airport and 15 minutes from the island’s downtown area by vehicle, the hotel’s location is second to none. Saipan World Resort guests come primarily from Japan, China and Russia. Guests are attracted to the beauty of the resort’s architecture and Saipan World Resort boasts a loyal customer base with a high return rate.
United States of America레이어 닫기
- Hanwha Techwin America Hanwha Techwin America Hosts A&E Forums Offering BICSI Certification Across the U.S.
Over the past few months, Hanwha Techwin America has successfully hosted five forums for architects, engineers, and consultants (A&Es) across the United States and Canada. Each forum attracted well over 100 participants. Attendees learned about the latest designs and security technologies. The forums were strategically structured to provide A&Es with an opportunity to learn about Hanwha's complete solution lineup and even earn a Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) certification credits by going through a presentation on H.265 compression and cybersecurity technology.
- Hanwha Advanced Material America LLC Hanwha Advanced Materials America LLC Wins Contract with Luxury Carmaker Daimler Benz
Hanwha Advanced Material America LLC(HAUS) has won the contract to provide Expanded Polypropylene(EPP) seat cushions, BuffLite, to renowned carmaker Daimler Benz in the Northern American market. With this unprecedented deal, HAUS aims to draw a successful roadmap to secure greater market share. The contract is predicted to generate an annual revenue of 1.5 million USD and roughly 11.3 million USD over the course of the agreement. The estimated usage of EPP beads is 198 tons. The contract has helped HAUS gain momentum in the market and could allow HAUS to collaborate with Daimler Benz on different models in the future. Hanwha’s increased profile from this project is expected to help HAUS win the EPP seatback frame contract for General Motors’ T1XX.
- Hanwha Advanced Material America LLC From June 13th to 15th, members of the management consultation team completed a two-day ‘Ethical Management’ training course.