Creating a More Prosperous Future
Hanwha Solutions Chemical Division Produces World Class Products
Since its founding in 1965, Hanwha Solutions Chemical Division(formerly Hanwha Chemical) has paved the way for Koreas chemical industry. It was the first to produce products like polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyethylene (PE) and chlor-alkali (CA) domestically before going on to become the best-in-class in several segments of the petrochemical industry.
The products produced by the Chemical Division are recognized worldwide. It is focused on the future and determined to become a company that creates a sustainable world — not only through its expertise in the petrochemical field — but also through its highly practical and advanced technologies aimed at improving the quality of our lives.
The Chemical Division is taking the lead in fostering a clean and green environment for generations to come by seeking ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and developing eco-friendly products. This includes helping establish a circular economy where the consumption of precious resources is reduced through the reuse and recycling of finished products.
In 2013, the Chemical Division received the first Carbon Trust Standard (CTS), an international carbon energy management assessment system, within the domestic chemical industry. In 2015, the division received the Best Green Climate Award from Koreas National Assembly Forum on Climate Change.
Have a look at the wide range of world class product offerings from Hanwha Solutions Chemical Division.
1. Polyolefin (PO)
The Chemical Divisions PE products have been honored as World-Class Products
- Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) for Thermal Lamination Film, EVA for Photovoltaic Cells, and Insulation Compound for Power Cables.
Polyethylene (PE) is the most common form of polyolefin (PO), used in a variety of everyday objects, such as plastic bottles and shopping bags.
Since becoming the first domestic company to produce low-density polyethylene (LDPE) in Korea in 1973, the Chemical Division contributed to the development of the plastic industry through its differentiated products and stable supply. With its accumulation of technology, the Chemical Division is making advancements in the petrochemical industry by developing a number of specialized products, such as high voltage insulation compounds, wire & cable compounds, and multipurpose EVA (e.g. shoe soles).
• Asias leading PE manufacturer
• First to produce linear low-density PE (LLDPE) and wire & cables in Korea (1985)
• First to produce EVA in Korea (1986)
• Koreas number one producer of LDPE (including EVA)
• Produces high voltage insulating compounds and multi-purpose EVA
• One of the worlds top three cable compound manufacturers
• The Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy honored three Chemical Division products as World-Class Products of Korea
- EVA for Thermal Lamination Film, EVA for Photovoltaic Cells, and Insulation Compound
for Power Cables.
• Global Business Portfolio (Saudi Arabia)
- International Polymers Company (IPC): Produces 200 thousand tons of EVA/LDPE yearly
- Gulf Advanced Cable Insulation Company (GACI): Produces Wires & Cables
(cross-linked PE/Semiconductive Materials)
2. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) & Chlor-Alkali (CA)
The Chemical Division is Koreas number-one producer of superior-grade Chlor-Alkali (CA) products. It is also one of Asias top CA producers. Further, it has achieved complete vertical integration in the PVC Business in Korea.
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is a common form of plastic, used in a variety of household items with applications ranging from containers, packaging films, and toys. It is also used in the construction sector as pipes and window frames.
Chlor-Alkali (CA) applications encompass a diverse set of industries such as paper, textiles, metals, and electricity. Caustic soda and chlorine produced using CA electrolysis are widely used in the sterilization of water and sewage and are used as the basic raw materials for various industries.
Since becoming the first domestic company to successfully produce PVC in Korea in 1966, the Chemical Division has achieved a full vertical integration of its business structure starting with the inception of product ideas to the provisions of the final products.
Now, the Chemical Division is a leading company in the field and is the number one producer of CA in Korea. It has its sights on becoming a top global producer.
• PVC is produced for the first time in Korea by a domestic company (1966)
• 49% share of the Korean PVC market
• The division has achieved complete vertical integration in the Korean PVC industry
• Operates a PVC plant utilizing proprietary technology with a 40-kiloton capacity
• Recognized in Korea for the largest CA production capacity
• KRW one trillion in CA sales
Guiding Chemistry to a More Sustainable Future
Hanwha Solutions Chemical Division has long been at the forefront of the chemical industry. It is using its cutting-edge R&D capabilities to develop sustainable new products and more efficient production techniques. In an ever-changing world, the division is committed to creating a circular economy and a cleaner tomorrow through its product catalog and advanced technologies so that future generations may lead healthier and more convenient lives.
Thank you for your interest in Hanwha.
Please contact us for your inquiries.
Please enter your email address.
Please enter a correct email address.
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest stories from Hanwha.
Your subscription request has already been processed. Thank you.