Products & Services
's Business Areas
Hanwha is constantly seeking new opportunities on a global scale through which Hanwha can enhance
what Hanwha offers to its customers. From China, the Americas and Europe, to emerging markets
in Southeast Asia and the Middle East, its goal is to support local operations, embrace the skills
of new workforces and bring greater value and prosperity to the world.
- Aerospace & Mechatronics Explore How Hanwha's Technology in Aerospace & Mechatronics Brings Smarter, Safer, and More Convenient Tomorrow
- Chemicals & Materials Introduction to Petrochemicals of Hanwha - Innovative, yet Sustainable Solutions for Businesses and the Next Generation.
- Construction Capitalizing on its extensive experience and technologies in every area of construction, Hanwha is rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20% since 2002.
- Financial Services With a total financial service platform of insurance, securities, asset management and banking products, ensures greater value creation for individual and institutional clients by continuously adapting to today’s rapidly-evolving capital markets.\u000b
- Leisure & Lifestyle With businesses in the fields of retail, hospitality, resorts, IT services, property development and advertising, Hanwha has a strong global presence in the Leisure & Lifestyle.
- Solar Energy With global-level capacity and top-quality solar products and services, Hanwha is rapidly becoming one of the most trusted names in the solar industry worldwide.
Laying solid foundations
for quality growth around the globe
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives company, quickly becoming the leader in the South Korean explosives industry. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Techwin Established in 1977, Hanwha Techwin began building businesses in the aircraft engine and film camera industry. Since our founding, we’ve leveraged our technologies in optics, video, and aircraft engines to expand into aircraft /gas turbine engines and security equipment businesses. Across our businesses around the globe, we have developed top-tier original and application technologies. Combined with our growing expertise, we’re proactively meeting market demands.
- Hanwha Land Systems Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense power of South Korea's military. After becoming an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015, we built synergy with other defense affiliates. We rebranded as the independent and specialized defense company Hanwha Land Systems in July 2017, reflecting the Group's decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
- Hanwha Systems As a defense electronics company, Hanwha Systems has significantly advanced the defense capabilities of South Korea's military since the company was founded in 1978. It became a member of the Hanwha Group in 2015. As the industry leader, Hanwha Systems offers a complete solution with ground, naval, air command, control, communication, computer, and intelligence (C4I), guided weapons, electronic warfare (EW), and future combat systems.
- Hanwha Defense Systems Established in 1937, Hanwha Defense Systems provides comprehensive defense solutions. Our superior production and technology enable us to provide infantry fighting vehicles, air defense weapons, guided weapons, launching systems, high-precision navigation, and laser weapons. We became an affiliate of the Hanwha Group in 2016. We are accelerating to become a global top-tier company.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. We grew into a global powerhouse selling more than 4,500 units worldwide. We developed high-quality technology products to build diverse lineups and realize high added value. Our lineup includes: air compressors for industrial processes; fuel gas compressors for power plants; boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants; and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD (low duty)/HD (high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery In 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery developed the first chip mounter in South Korea. We have since grown into a total solutions provider, offering ultra-precision manufacturing equipment and integrated software. Our flagship product lineup, the DECAN series, is a new high-speed mounter that adopts the world's only modular conveyor feature. Since its 2013 launch, the series has steadily evolved. The SM series boasts the best performance in its class and is our bestselling product. We are expanding our portfolio to include injection molding automation, a semiconductor flip chip mounter, and a 3D inspection machine. Our product portfolio better meets our customer needs and provides the best customer-oriented solutions that ultimately improves productivity. We are implementing a Smart Factory, a total solution for a SMT production line that boasts seamless operation, zero defects, and unmanned operation. Our Smart Factory will increase production efficiency, installation accuracy, quality, and management while lowering maintenance costs.
- Hanwha Chemical Established in 1965, Hanwha Chemical is a comprehensive chemical company with streamlined production systems for polyethylene (PE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and chlor-alkali (CA). As South Korea's leading petrochemical company, we are highly influential in the nation's chemical industry, producing high-quality PVC, CA, and low-density polyethylene (LDPE) at competitive prices.
- Hanwha General Chemical Hanwha General Chemical was established in 1974 and then acquired by the Hanwha Group in 2015. We were the first company in South Korea to localize production of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) a primary component in many types of polyester. PTA is used in clothing, industrial fibers, film, and paint. The applications for PTA are expanding dramatically.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Since its founding in 1988, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has tirelessly led South Korea's petrochemical industry with technology innovations and global expansion. In a 2003 joint venture with the Total Group, a major French energy and chemical company, we formed a global energy and chemical company, a strong platform for growth. After becoming a Hanwha affiliate in 2015, we achieved a record-breaking business performance.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Founded in 1965, Hanwha Advanced Materials defines its vision as "A high-tech materials company that protects the values of humanity and the environment." With our innovative line of products and technologies, we are operating businesses in the areas of lightweight composite materials and thermoformable components for automobiles, highly efficient advanced film for solar energy, and high-performance coating films for mobile phones and display. We also have developed local production and R&D networks in South Korea, the US, Europe, and China. Our global sales continue to rise.
- Yeochun NCC YEOCHUN NCC operates the world's leading naphtha-cracking facility in the Yeosu National Industrial Complex, located on the southern tip of the Korean Peninsula. Established in 1999 from the merger of naphtha-cracking facilities owned by Hanwha and Daelim, their fifty-fifty joint venture annually produces 1.95 million tons of ethylene, 1.11 million tons of propylene, and 5.31 million tons of various petrochemical feedstocks, including benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene monomer, and butadiene.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Hanwha E&C has rapidly grown into a global player by leveraging its extensive experience in construction projects and by implementing its new technologies and long-term expertise in constructing a range of industrial, chemical, and power plants, civil engineering works, commercial buildings, and more. We have averaged an annual growth rate of 30 percent since 2002, and won international recognition. We've been recognized as a top global contractor in Engineering News Record and our works often referred to as the "bible of the construction industry."
- Hanwha Q CELLS Hanwha Q CELLS is a total solar power solution provider with the world's largest cell production capacity. Our business scope ranges from the midstream of ingots, to wafers, cells, and modules, to downstream solar solutions for residential, commercial buildings, and solar power plants.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Korea Founded in April 2011, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea aims to become a global leader in the downstream solar market, delivering integrated solar power plant solutions encompassing development, construction, and operation. Beginning with the completion of a rooftop solar power plant in Changwon in November 2011, we have been creating innovative and environmentally-friendly approaches to the construction of solar power plants. For example, we have made use of land and facilities that have stood dormant, including drainage pump stations, unused roads, and sewage treatment centers. We are expanding the 1.5GW cell plant in Korea aiming to start manufacturing early 2016.
- Hanwha Energy Established in 2007, Hanwha Energy is an eco-friendly and comprehensive energy company. We operate cogeneration plants that provide a stable supply of high-quality electricity and ultra-high-pressure steam to companies in national industrial complexes in South Korea. By providing readily available power, our plants improve the competitive advantage of our off-takers. Our cutting-edge technology consistently complies with South Korean government requirements for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Hanwha City Development Hanwha City Development has been recognized as the leading private developer of high-tech industrial complexes since its establishment in 2001. Starting with our success in Daedeok Techno Valley, additional projects followed, such as the Asan Techno Valley project (2,984,000m², 300 enterprises, 8,000 households), the Seosan Techno Valley project (1,994,000m², 200 enterprises, 6,000 households), the Gimhae Techno Valley project (1,640,000m², 200 enterprises), and the Gyeonggi Hwaseong Bio Valley project (1,745,000m², 200 enterprises). Each completed project stood out as achievements and each one received high praise. The projects are considered exemplary development models and, not surprisingly, have been benchmarked by several local governments.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company and also the oldest in South Korea. Early on, we played a critical role in developing the insurance industry and the country's economic growth—always with our customers in mind.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first South Korean insurance company funded solely by domestic capital. Throughout history, we've played a pivotal role in developing South Korea's general insurance industry. Today, we're a major insurer with total assets of nearly USD 11 billion. We use advanced services to enhance customer value and offer a comprehensive product portfolio ranging from long-term insurance to auto and general insurance.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Established in 1962, Hanwha Investment & Securities provides comprehensive asset management services, including brokerage and acquisition of stocks, bonds, and derivatives, as well as sales and asset management services for various financial products. To date, we have successfully established ourselves as a reliable asset management partner in the ever-changing capital market by providing various domestic and overseas financial products and customer-oriented services.
- Hanwha Asset Management Founded in 1988, Hanwha Asset Management has grown into a comprehensive asset management company offering a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, ETFs, and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets. At the end of 2016, we were among South Korea's top two asset management companies with USD 71.49 billion in assets under management (AUM). We have top-tier expertise and well-organized systems in all areas, including product development, research, compliance, and risk management. All our products and services cater to the needs of our customers because we put into practice our principle and management philosophy of placing our customers first before anything else. Hanwha Asset Management is accelerating its strategic overseas expansion to become a leading asset management company in Asia. Our Singapore subsidiary manages equity and alternative investments in the pan-Asian market. We acquired a New York-based subsidiary to handle assets of the US and other advanced countries. We have also established a Chinese subsidiary as a wholly foreign-owned enterprise (WFOE) to expand our overseas business footprint as we pursue a global strategy.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank joined the Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. Even in an unfavorable business climate, we've been able to safely pursue external growth with our experienced sales teams while maintaining a disciplined management. We also extend the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions and support profitable business for promising small and medium-sized companies.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts began operations in 1979 as the developer of South Korea's first resort condominium project. It joined Hanwha in 1986. With resort, hotel, and food service businesses, we are rapidly becoming South Korea's premier leisure and food service provider.
- Hanwha Galleria Since its founding in 1976, Hanwha Galleria has set the trend for premium lifestyles as the leader in the retail industry in South Korea.
- Hanwha Galleria Timeworld Hanwha Galleria Timeworld is the largest high-end department store in central South Korea. Specializing in luxurious fashion brands from around the world, the store is home to the area’s first Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Prada stores. We’ve cemented our status as the premier high-end shopping destination in Daejeon. Our landmark store is easy to navigate through and provides lounges where customers can rest leisurely while they shop. It also serves as a cultural hub, housing a community center that hosts more than 400 seasonal programs during the year.
- Hanwha 63 City Hanwha 63 City was founded in 1986 as a property management firm, providing comprehensive services to raise the value of its client assets.
- Hanwha S&C Founded in 2001, Hanwha S&C provides world-class IT solutions and services to a variety of industries, including manufacturing, construction, financial services, retail, service, and education. We expertly build customized systems, IT infrastructure, and Cloud operation services that offer customers a high degree of stability and security competitive costs. Our open-stack HONE Cloud solution (Hanwha Number ONE Cloud) has earned ISO 27017 certification and is widely recognized.
- Hanwha Station Development Hanwha Station Development is our nation's premier developer and manager of railway stations. Since its founding in 1987, we have pioneered the retail and leisure culture by combining commercial complexes with private stations. We developed the building complexes into the centrally located Seoul Station and the Cheongnyangni Station, logistics hubs in the northeastern part of Seoul. By leveraging our expertise and capabilities in business assessment, concept development, project financing, lease marketing, construction management, and facility operation, we are fast becoming an industry-leading developer and manager of commercial complexes.
- Hanwha Eagles The Hanwha Eagles were founded as the seventh Korea Baseball Organization (KBO) club in 1985. The Eagles’ home ballpark is the Hanwha Life Eagles Park located in Daejeon, South Korea, making the club the highest-profile sports organization in the Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do region. Founded as the Binggrae Eagles in 1985, the club changed its name into the Hanwha Eagles in 1993. Winning their first Korean Series championship in 1999, the Hanwha Eagles are one of KBO's leading teams, with five seasons as the runner-up of the Korean Series including in 2006. The Eagles became the first team in Korean baseball history to advance into the playoffs three years in a row, from 2005 to 2007, and members of the team formed the backbone of Korea's national baseball team that wowed fans by reaching the final four in 2006 and placing second in 2009 in the World Baseball Classic games. The club has produced many legendary players throughout its history, including Hyun-Jin Ryu, the first ever KBO player to go directly to MLB. As one of the top pro baseball teams in Korea, the Hanwha Eagles always strive to return the love and dedication shown by their fans. The Eagles brought in Kim Sung-keun as the team's manager in 2014, taking the team's performance to the next level and winning new fans. The Hanwha Eagles always aim to bring the highest level of enjoyment to their fans and local community by fielding their best performance each and every game, regardless of what the scoreboard says. Off the field, the team is devoted to a wide variety of corporate social responsibility activities and is a key partner in efforts to develop local communities.