Products & Services
's Business Areas
Hanwha is constantly seeking new opportunities on a global scale through which Hanwha can enhance
what Hanwha offers to its customers. From China, the Americas and Europe, to emerging markets
in Southeast Asia and the Middle East, its goal is to support local operations, embrace the skills
of new workforces and bring greater value and prosperity to the world.
- Aerospace & Mechatronics Explore How Hanwha's Technology in Aerospace & Mechatronics Brings Smarter, Safer, and More Convenient Tomorrow
- Chemicals & Materials Introduction to Petrochemicals of Hanwha - Innovative, yet Sustainable Solutions for Businesses and the Next Generation.
- Solar Energy With global-level capacity and top-quality solar products and services, Hanwha is rapidly becoming one of the most trusted names in the solar industry worldwide.
- Financial Services With a total financial service platform of insurance, securities, asset management and banking products, ensures greater value creation for individual and institutional clients by continuously adapting to today’s rapidly-evolving capital markets.\u000b
- Construction Capitalizing on its extensive experience and technologies in every area of construction, Hanwha is rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20% since 2002.
- Leisure & Lifestyle With businesses in the fields of retail, hospitality, resorts, IT services, property development and advertising, Hanwha has a strong global presence in the Leisure & Lifestyle.
Laying solid foundations
for quality growth around the globe
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation, the parent company of the Hanwha Group, is a global manufacturing company that has directly contributed to the growth of South Korea's economy. There are 3 divisions under the Hanwha Corporation: Global, Defense, and Machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing company operating in three business areas—explosives and chemical, defense, and machinery. In 1959, Hanwha was the first domestic manufacturer of dynamite in South Korea. After having successfully developed safer, high-quality industrial explosives and fire process products, we have been able to supply the South Korean government with the crucial means to rebuild its cities and infrastructure.
- Hanwha Aerospace Hanwha Aerospace began operations in 1977, producing aircraft engines and film cameras. Since then, it has aggressively invested in R&D to grow into a major presence within the aircraft/gas turbine engine industry. Hanwha Aerospace’s dramatic evolution was made possible by the successful development of industry leading and proprietary technologies that give it the competitive edge needed to succeed around the world. In addition to technological advancement, Hanwha Aerospace also focuses on developing industry expertise and the ability to comprehensively address changing market demands as well as the ability to anticipate future market shifts.
- Hanwha Techwin Hanwha Techwin provides optimal security solutions for different industries, with our full lineup of products ranging from CCTV and storage devices to integrated management software. Based on 30 years of experience and best technology in the field of optical and video processing, we are able to satisfy diverse customer needs with excellent product lineup, while maintaining a global top-tier status with advances in R&D that meet the changes in housing and industrial paradigms. With production facilities in China, Vietnam and in Korea, Hanwha Techwin manufactures 2.7 million video surveillance devices. Our service network covers Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, China and Asia and 76 percent of our sales come from our overseas markets.
- Hanwha Systems As a leading global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies in defense ICT and information infrastructure. In August 2018, we launched the new ICT division through the merger with Hanwha S&C. Our ICT division will enable us to increase our leadership in defense electronics by leveraging advanced defense IT and system integration capabilities. And by strengthening our SI business competencies, we will be able to expand into areas of public infrastructure and private security.
- Hanwha Defense Hanwha Defense was launched on January 2019 from the merger of Hanwha Land Systems and Hanwha Defense Systems. With the merger, Hanwha Defense has acquired state-of-the-art technology in firepower/maneuverability/anti-aircraft and unmanned systems based on outstanding technology, extensive experience and talented human resources pooled from both companies.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. Since then, we’ve become a global powerhouse and have sold more than 5,000 units worldwide. Using advanced technology, we developed high-value-added product lines. Our product lines include air compressors for industrial processes, fuel gas compressors for power plants, boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants, and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD/HD (low duty/high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery After developing the first chip mounter in 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery has become a leading worldwide Smart Factory solutions provider, offering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) mounters, semiconductor equipment, insertion and assembly automation equipment, collaborative robots, industrial automation equipment, and integrated software solutions.
- Hanwha Solutions Hanwha Solutions is a newly formed corporation with the merger of Hanwha Chemical, Hanwha Q CELLS, and Hanwha Advanced Materials in January of 2020. Hanwha Solutions operates in three business areas: chemicals, total energy solutions, and advanced materials.
- Hanwha Impact Hanwha Impact is leading the change for a sustainable future with low-carbon, sustainable energy, and innovative future-ready projects.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Since its founding in 1988, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has led the growth of the petrochemical business in South Korea through technology innovations and market expansion strategy. In 2003, Hanwha Total Petrochemical set out to build a foundation to become a global chemical and energy company. The company executed its plan by forming a joint venture with the Total Group, a major French company in the energy and chemical industry. Since then, and after becoming a Hanwha affiliate, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has achieved a record-breaking financial performance.
- Yeochun NCC Yeochun NCC operates the world’s leading naphtha-cracking facility in the Yeosu National Industrial Complex. The facility was built in 1999 and is located on the southern tip of the Korean Peninsula. Yeochun NCC represents a fifty-fifty joint venture between Hanwha and Daelim, two South Korean conglomerates that own naphtha-cracking facilities. The facility annually produces 1.95 million tons of ethylene, 1.11 million tons of propylene, and 5.50 million tons of various petrochemical base materials, including benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene monomer, and butadiene.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Hanwha E&C has quickly grown into a global player by leveraging its extensive experience in construction projects and by implementing its new technologies and long-term expertise across industrial, chemical, and power plants, civil engineering works, commercial buildings, and more. We have averaged an annual growth rate of 30 percent since 2002, and gained international recognition. We’ve been recognized as a top global contractor in Engineering News Record and our works are often referred to as the “bible of the construction industry.”
- Hanwha Qcells With world-class technology and high quality, Hanwha Qcells captured the biggest market share in major markets including Germany, the UK, South Korea, and Japan.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Korea Founded in April 2011, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea is an affiliate of Hanwha Group. Hanwha Q CELLS Korea operates production sites for state-of-the-art solar cells and modules in South Korea. Furthermore, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea is active in the solar downstream segment in the growing Korean solar market as well as countries in Asia and Europe. The company delivers integrated solar power plant solutions encompassing development, construction, and operation.
- Hanwha Energy Established in 2007, Hanwha Energy is a comprehensive energy solutions company. We operate cogeneration plants that provide a stable supply of high-quality electricity and ultra-high-pressure steam to companies in national industrial complexes in South Korea. By providing readily available power, our plants improve the competitive advantage of our off-takers. Our cutting-edge technology consistently complies with South Korean government requirements for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Hanwha Solutions City Development Division Hanwha Solutions City Development Division has been recognized as the leading private developer of high-tech industrial complexes since its establishment in 2001. Starting with success in Daedeok Techno Valley, additional projects followed such as the Asan Techno Valley project (2,984,000㎡ , 300 enterprises, 8,000 households), the Seosan Techno Valley project (1,994,000㎡ , 200 enterprises, 6,000 households), the Gimhae Techno Valley project (1,643,000㎡ , 200 enterprises), and the Gyeonggi Hwaseong Bio Valley project (1,745,000㎡ , 200 enterprises). Each completed project stood out as an achievement and garnered high praise. The projects are considered exemplary development models and not surprisingly, they have been benchmarked by several local governments.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company that is both the first and the oldest in South Korea. Early on, we played a critical role in developing the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth. In 2017, we expanded but made sure to stay structurally sound. We reported total assets of USD 102.96 billion. At the end of 2017, we achieved a 206.4 percent risk-based capital (RBC) ratio, demonstrating the soundness of our asset quality. Our strong credit ratings from both domestic agencies and abroad attest to our creditworthiness. We have received sterling AAA credit ratings from South Korea’s top rating agencies for the past eleven years. From abroad, we received global credit ratings of A1 from Moody's and A+ from Pitch international credit rating agencies.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first South Korean insurance company funded solely by domestic capital. Throughout history, we’ve played a pivotal role in developing South Korea’s general insurance industry. Today, we’re a major insurer with total assets of nearly USD 14 billion. We use advanced services to enhance customer value and offer a comprehensive product portfolio ranging from long-term insurance to auto and general insurance. We created a Consumer Protection charter, improved service quality and minimized customer inconvenience to provide an overall superior customer experience. We also expanded the scope of what our call center agents could do to ensure a one-call, one-stop system. In addition, we were the first South Korean insurer to introduce an electronic signature system, making it easier for customers to complete transactions from their mobile devices. We have even introduced a mobile application called Smart Insu, catering to the ways and needs of our customer. More than 100,000 customers have installed the app.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Established in 1962, Hanwha Investment & Securities provides comprehensive asset management services, including brokerage and acquisition of stocks, bonds, and derivatives, as well as sales and asset management services for various financial products. With our differentiated systems and high-quality talent, we have successfully established ourselves as a reliable asset management partner. Our financial products and customer-oriented services are offered domestically and overseas.
- Hanwha Asset Management Founded in 1988, Hanwha Asset Management has grown into a comprehensive asset management company offering a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, ETFs, and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets. At the end of 2017, we were among South Korea’s top three asset management companies with USD 82.17 billion in assets under management (AUM). We have top-tier expertise and well-organized systems in all areas, including product development, research, compliance, and risk management. All our products and services cater to the needs of our customers because we apply our principles and management philosophy to placing our customers first before anything else.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank joined Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. Even in unfavorable business climates, we’ve been able to safely pursue external growth with our experienced sales teams and a highly disciplined management team. We also found success extending the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions and supporting small and medium-sized companies with great potential.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts began operations in 1979 as the developer of South Korea’s first resort condominium project. It joined Hanwha in 1986. With resort, hotel, and food service businesses, we are rapidly becoming South Korea’s premier leisure and food service provider.
- Hanwha Solutions Galleria Division Founding in 1976 in South Korea, Hanwha Galleria has specialized in retail services with great focus on department stores. We operate other retail businesses including online malls, global brand direct sourcing, and the retail of exclusive brands.
- Hanwha Galleria Timeworld Hanwha Galleria Timeworld is the largest high-end department store in central province of South Korea. Our unique luxury brands, gourmet restaurants, and differentiated leisure facilities cater to seekers of premium lifestyle experiences and consumers of all ages.
- Hanwha 63 City Hanwha 63 City was founded in 1986 as a real estate service firm, providing a comprehensive set of services designed to increase the value of client assets.
- Hanwha Station Development Hanwha Station Development is our nation's premier developer and manager of railway stations. Since its founding in 1987, we have pioneered the retail and leisure culture by combining commercial complexes with private stations. We developed the building complexes into the centrally located Seoul Station and the Cheongnyangni Station, logistics hubs in the northeastern part of Seoul. By leveraging our expertise and capabilities in business assessment, concept development, project financing, lease marketing, construction management, and facility operation, we are fast becoming an industry-leading developer and manager of commercial complexes.
- Hanwha Eagles The Hanwha Eagles were founded as the seventh Korea Baseball Organization club in 1985. The Eagles' home ballpark is the Hanwha Life Eagles Park located in Daejeon, South Korea, making the club the highest-profile sports organization in the Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do region. Founded as the Binggrae Eagles in 1985, the club changed its name into the Hanwha Eagles in 1993.
Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Estate Division
Hanwha Estate has extensive experience in managing more than 100 diverse facilities and properties around the nation. We offer differentiated solutions by maximizing customer asset value and providing advanced energy-efficient and ecofriendly models.
Hanwha Estate is a comprehensive real estate services firm offering real estate consulting, asset and facility operation management, construction, security solutions, and energy-efficient projects designed to increase the value of client assets.