Products & Services
's Business Areas
Hanwha is constantly seeking new opportunities on a global scale through which Hanwha can enhance
what Hanwha offers to its customers. From China, the Americas and Europe, to emerging markets
in Southeast Asia and the Middle East, its goal is to support local operations, embrace the skills
of new workforces and bring greater value and prosperity to the world.
- Aerospace & Mechatronics Explore How Hanwha's Technology in Aerospace & Mechatronics Brings Smarter, Safer, and More Convenient Tomorrow
- Chemicals & Materials Introduction to Petrochemicals of Hanwha - Innovative, yet Sustainable Solutions for Businesses and the Next Generation.
- Construction Capitalizing on its extensive experience and technologies in every area of construction, Hanwha is rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20% since 2002.
- Financial Services With a total financial service platform of insurance, securities, asset management and banking products, ensures greater value creation for individual and institutional clients by continuously adapting to today’s rapidly-evolving capital markets.\u000b
- Leisure & Lifestyle With businesses in the fields of retail, hospitality, resorts, IT services, property development and advertising, Hanwha has a strong global presence in the Leisure & Lifestyle.
- Solar Energy With global-level capacity and top-quality solar products and services, Hanwha is rapidly becoming one of the most trusted names in the solar industry worldwide.
Laying solid foundations
for quality growth around the globe
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives company, quickly becoming the leader in the South Korean explosives industry. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Aerospace Established in 1977, Hanwha Aerospace began building businesses in the aircraft engine and film camera industry. Since our founding, we’ve leveraged our technologies in optics, video, and aircraft engines to expand into aircraft /gas turbine engines businesses. Across our businesses around the globe, we have developed top-tier original and application technologies. Combined with our growing expertise, we’re proactively meeting market demands.
- Hanwha Techwin Hanwha Techwin provides optimal security solutions for different industries, with our full lineup of products ranging from CCTV and storage devices to integrated management software. Based on 30 years of experience and best technology in the field of optical and video processing, we are able to satisfy diverse customer needs with excellent product lineup, while maintaining a global top-tier status with advances in R&D that meet the changes in housing and industrial paradigms. With production facilities in China, Vietnam and in Korea, Hanwha Techwin manufactures 2.7 million video surveillance devices. Our service network covers Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, China and Asia and 76 percent of our sales come from our overseas markets.
- Hanwha Land Systems Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense power of South Korea's military. After becoming an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015, we built synergy with other defense affiliates. We rebranded as the independent and specialized defense company Hanwha Land Systems in July 2017, reflecting the Group's decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
- Hanwha Systems As a leading global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies in defense ICT and information infrastructure. By launching a new company through the merger with Hanwha S&C in August 2018, we will enhance our leadership in defense electronics by leveraging advanced defense IT and system integration capabilities. We are also strengthening our SI business competencies as we expand into public infrastructure and private security.
- Hanwha Defense Systems Established in 1937, Hanwha Defense Systems provides comprehensive defense solutions. Our superior production and technology enable us to provide infantry fighting vehicles, air defense weapons, guided weapons, launching systems, high-precision navigation, and laser weapons. We became an affiliate of the Hanwha Group in 2016. We are accelerating to become a global top-tier company.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. We grew into a global powerhouse selling more than 4,500 units worldwide. We developed high-quality technology products to build diverse lineups and realize high added value. Our lineup includes: air compressors for industrial processes; fuel gas compressors for power plants; boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants; and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD (low duty)/HD (high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery In 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery developed the first chip mounter in South Korea. We have since grown into a total solutions provider, offering ultra-precision manufacturing equipment and integrated software. Our flagship product lineup, the DECAN series, is a new high-speed mounter that adopts the world's only modular conveyor feature. Since its 2013 launch, the series has steadily evolved. The SM series boasts the best performance in its class and is our bestselling product. We are expanding our portfolio to include injection molding automation, a semiconductor flip chip mounter, and a 3D inspection machine. Our product portfolio better meets our customer needs and provides the best customer-oriented solutions that ultimately improves productivity. We are implementing a Smart Factory, a total solution for a SMT production line that boasts seamless operation, zero defects, and unmanned operation. Our Smart Factory will increase production efficiency, installation accuracy, quality, and management while lowering maintenance costs.
- Hanwha Chemical Established in 1965, Hanwha Chemical is a comprehensive chemical company with streamlined production systems for polyethylene (PE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and chlor-alkali (CA). As South Korea's leading petrochemical company, we are highly influential in the nation's chemical industry, producing high-quality PVC, CA, and low-density polyethylene (LDPE) at competitive prices.
- Hanwha General Chemical Hanwha General Chemical was established in 1974 and then acquired by the Hanwha Group in 2015. We were the first company in South Korea to localize production of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) a primary component in many types of polyester. PTA is used in clothing, industrial fibers, film, and paint. The applications for PTA are expanding dramatically.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Since its founding in 1988, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has tirelessly led South Korea's petrochemical industry with technology innovations and global expansion. In a 2003 joint venture with the Total Group, a major French energy and chemical company, we formed a global energy and chemical company, a strong platform for growth. After becoming a Hanwha affiliate in 2015, we achieved a record-breaking business performance.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Founded in 1965, Hanwha Advanced Materials defines its vision as "A high-tech materials company that protects the values of humanity and the environment." With our innovative line of products and technologies, we are operating businesses in the areas of lightweight composite materials and thermoformable components for automobiles, highly efficient advanced film for solar energy, and high-performance coating films for mobile phones and display. We also have developed local production and R&D networks in South Korea, the US, Europe, and China. Our global sales continue to rise.
- Yeochun NCC YEOCHUN NCC operates the world's leading naphtha-cracking facility in the Yeosu National Industrial Complex, located on the southern tip of the Korean Peninsula. Established in 1999 from the merger of naphtha-cracking facilities owned by Hanwha and Daelim, their fifty-fifty joint venture annually produces 1.95 million tons of ethylene, 1.11 million tons of propylene, and 5.31 million tons of various petrochemical feedstocks, including benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene monomer, and butadiene.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Hanwha E&C has rapidly grown into a global player by leveraging its extensive experience in construction projects and by implementing its new technologies and long-term expertise in constructing a range of industrial, chemical, and power plants, civil engineering works, commercial buildings, and more. We have averaged an annual growth rate of 30 percent since 2002, and won international recognition. We've been recognized as a top global contractor in Engineering News Record and our works often referred to as the "bible of the construction industry."
- Hanwha Q CELLS Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. is a global leading photovoltaic manufacturer of high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, it has Technology and Innovation HQ in Thalheim, Germany and manufacturing facilities in Malaysia and China. Hanwha Q CELLS offers solar modules, photovoltaic systems solution and large-scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning North America, Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 10 business enterprise in South Korea.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Korea Founded in April 2011, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea is an affiliate of Hanwha Group. Hanwha Q CELLS Korea operates production sites for state-of-the-art solar cells and modules in South Korea. Furthermore, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea is active in the solar downstream segment in the growing Korean solar market as well as countries in Asia and Europe. The company delivers integrated solar power plant solutions encompassing development, construction, and operation.
- Hanwha Energy Established in 2007, Hanwha Energy is an eco-friendly and comprehensive energy company. We operate cogeneration plants that provide a stable supply of high-quality electricity and ultra-high-pressure steam to companies in national industrial complexes in South Korea. By providing readily available power, our plants improve the competitive advantage of our off-takers. Our cutting-edge technology consistently complies with South Korean government requirements for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Hanwha City Development Hanwha City Development has been recognized as the leading private developer of high-tech industrial complexes since its establishment in 2001. Starting with our success in Daedeok Techno Valley, additional projects followed, such as the Asan Techno Valley project (2,984,000m², 300 enterprises, 8,000 households), the Seosan Techno Valley project (1,994,000m², 200 enterprises, 6,000 households), the Gimhae Techno Valley project (1,640,000m², 200 enterprises), and the Gyeonggi Hwaseong Bio Valley project (1,745,000m², 200 enterprises). Each completed project stood out as achievements and each one received high praise. The projects are considered exemplary development models and, not surprisingly, have been benchmarked by several local governments.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company and also the oldest in South Korea. Early on, we played a critical role in developing the insurance industry and the country's economic growth—always with our customers in mind.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first South Korean insurance company funded solely by domestic capital. Throughout history, we've played a pivotal role in developing South Korea's general insurance industry. Today, we're a major insurer with total assets of nearly USD 11 billion. We use advanced services to enhance customer value and offer a comprehensive product portfolio ranging from long-term insurance to auto and general insurance.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Established in 1962, Hanwha Investment & Securities provides comprehensive asset management services, including brokerage and acquisition of stocks, bonds, and derivatives, as well as sales and asset management services for various financial products. To date, we have successfully established ourselves as a reliable asset management partner in the ever-changing capital market by providing various domestic and overseas financial products and customer-oriented services.
- Hanwha Asset Management Founded in 1988, Hanwha Asset Management has grown into a comprehensive asset management company offering a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, ETFs, and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets. At the end of 2016, we were among South Korea's top two asset management companies with USD 71.49 billion in assets under management (AUM). We have top-tier expertise and well-organized systems in all areas, including product development, research, compliance, and risk management. All our products and services cater to the needs of our customers because we put into practice our principle and management philosophy of placing our customers first before anything else.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank joined the Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. Even in an unfavorable business climate, we've been able to safely pursue external growth with our experienced sales teams while maintaining a disciplined management. We also extend the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions and support profitable business for promising small and medium-sized companies.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts began operations in 1979 as the developer of South Korea's first resort condominium project. It joined Hanwha in 1986. With resort, hotel, and food service businesses, we are rapidly becoming South Korea's premier leisure and food service provider.
- Hanwha Galleria Since its founding in 1976, Hanwha Galleria has set the trend for premium lifestyles as the leader in the retail industry in South Korea.
- Hanwha Galleria Timeworld Hanwha Galleria Timeworld is the largest high-end department store in central South Korea. Specializing in luxurious fashion brands from around the world, the store is home to the area's first Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Prada stores. We've cemented our status as the premier high-end shopping destination in Daejeon. Our landmark store is easy to navigate through and provides lounges where customers can rest leisurely while they shop. It also serves as a cultural hub, housing a community center that hosts more than 400 seasonal programs during the year.
- Hanwha 63 City Hanwha 63 City was founded in 1986 as a property management firm, providing comprehensive services to raise the value of its client assets.
- Hanwha Station Development Hanwha Station Development is our nation's premier developer and manager of railway stations. Since its founding in 1987, we have pioneered the retail and leisure culture by combining commercial complexes with private stations. We developed the building complexes into the centrally located Seoul Station and the Cheongnyangni Station, logistics hubs in the northeastern part of Seoul. By leveraging our expertise and capabilities in business assessment, concept development, project financing, lease marketing, construction management, and facility operation, we are fast becoming an industry-leading developer and manager of commercial complexes.
- Hanwha Eagles The Hanwha Eagles were founded as the seventh Korea Baseball Organization club in 1985. The Eagles' home ballpark is the Hanwha Life Eagles Park located in Daejeon, South Korea, making the club the highest-profile sports organization in the Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do region. Founded as the Binggrae Eagles in 1985, the club changed its name into the Hanwha Eagles in 1993.