Products & Services
's Business Areas
Hanwha is constantly seeking new opportunities on a global scale through which Hanwha can enhance
what Hanwha offers to its customers. From China, the Americas and Europe, to emerging markets
in Southeast Asia and the Middle East, its goal is to support local operations, embrace the skills
of new workforces and bring greater value and prosperity to the world.
- Aerospace, Ocean & Mechatronics We provide solutions to create sustainable infrastructure on Earth and in space by innovating proprietary aerospace technologies.
- Materials A circular economy that facilitates efficient and eco-friendly use of resources is now a pressing global priority. In response, Hanwha is taking the lead in fast-tracking carbon neutrality and promoting a sustainable….
- Green Energy Hanwha is ramping up its response to the challenges of climate change as green energy becomes a global necessity. As a comprehensive green energy solutions provider, we are pioneering future markets by combining our….
- Finance As a leader in the digital innovation of the financial industry, Hanwha aims to generate sustainable prosperity as we help our customers and society grow.
- Retail & Services With robust online and offline platforms in engineering & construction (E&C) and retail & services, Hanwha sustains the lifestyles and dreams of customers.
Laying solid foundations
for quality growth around the globe
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation, the parent company of the Hanwha Group, is a global manufacturing company that has directly contributed to the growth of South Korea's economy. There are 3 divisions under the Hanwha Corporation: Global, Defense, and Machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing company operating in three business areas—explosives and chemical, defense, and machinery. In 1959, Hanwha was the first domestic manufacturer of dynamite in South Korea. After having successfully developed safer, high-quality industrial explosives and fire process products, we have been able to supply the South Korean government with the crucial means to rebuild its cities and infrastructure.
- Hanwha Aerospace Founded in 1977, Hanwha Aerospace has become a leading company in the aerospace industry in South Korea. Today, Hanwha Aerospace’s products serve not only aerospace but also the defense and marine sectors. With an unwavering focus on customer-centric quality management, technological innovation, and product competitiveness reinforced by advanced technologies, Hanwha Aerospace is surging forward as a global leader in the burgeoning space and aerospace business as well as in the land, sea, and air defense industries.
- Hanwha Ocean Hanwha Ocean is a leading global company with extensive expertise and experience in the shipbuilding and offshore industry. Boasting the world’s most competitive LNG carriers built with eco-friendly and highly efficient technology, the company has continuously pioneered new businesses since 1973, producing a vast range of vessels, including commercial ships, drillships, and specialty ships. Hanwha Ocean will be at the forefront of pioneering advanced marine solutions for decarbonization and further expand Hanwha’s green energy ecosystem to create positive, sustainable change throughout the world.
- Hanwha Systems As a global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies by leveraging synergies with advanced defense electronics and future–ready ICT technologies. In addition to our world–class expertise in defense electronics, we also provide state–of–the–art IT services, such as AI, big data, blockchain, cloud services and more, to lead digital innovation across a range of industries.
- Hanwha Vision Hanwha Vision provides optimal security solutions for different industries, with our full lineup of products ranging from CCTV and storage devices to integrated management software. Based on 30 years of experience and best technology in the field of optical and video processing, we are able to satisfy diverse customer needs with excellent product lineup, while maintaining a global top-tier status with advances in R&D that meet the changes in housing and industrial paradigms. With production facilities in China, Vietnam and in Korea, Hanwha Vision manufactures 2.7 million video surveillance devices. Our service network covers Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, China and Asia and 76 percent of our sales come from our overseas markets.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery After developing the first chip mounter in 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery has become a leading worldwide Smart Factory solutions provider, offering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) mounters, semiconductor equipment, insertion and assembly automation equipment, collaborative robots, industrial automation equipment, and integrated software solutions.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. Since then, we’ve become a global powerhouse and have sold more than 5,000 units worldwide. Using advanced technology, we developed high-value-added product lines. Our product lines include air compressors for industrial processes, fuel gas compressors for power plants, boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants, and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD/HD (low duty/high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Solutions Hanwha Solutions provides a range of solutions in several fields through differentiated technology and innovation. We are growing as a global leader by responding to climate change with smart eco–friendly energy solutions and customer–focused materials. We are committed to enriching the future with sustainable solutions for all.
- Hanwha Impact Hanwha Impact is leading the charge for a net-zero future with low carbon, sustainable energy and innovative future-ready projects. A subsidiary of Hanwha Solutions, the company secures revolutionary technologies through a range of business development and open innovation via active mergers, acquisitions and strategic investments aimed at creating a positive impact on people and the planet. Hanwha Impact seeks to lead next-generation sustainable advancements through forward-thinking innovations in various fields, including eco-friendly energy, biotechnology, and digital and data technology.
- Hanwha TotalEnergies Petrochemical Hanwha TotalEnergies Petrochemical is a comprehensive material and energy company that produces high value–added chemical and energy products. Since it was founded in 1988, the company has led the growth of the petrochemical business in South Korea through technological innovations and by successfully executing a market expansion strategy. In 2003, the company began building the foundation to become a global multi-material and energy company. In pursuit of this aim, the company formed a joint venture with the TotalEnergies Group, a major French company in the energy and chemical industry. Since then, Hanwha TotalEnergies Petrochemical has continued to lead South Korea's petrochemical market and grow as the nation’s leading company through product innovations, strategic diversified investments, and economies of scale.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Founded in 1965, Hanwha Advanced Materials has developed an innovative line of environmentally conscious products and technologies that meet the needs of customers around the world. The company has developed local production plants and R&D centers in South Korea, the U.S., Europe and China. In December 2022, Hanwha Advanced Materials was spun off from Hanwha Solutions to enhance its business expertise and operational efficiency. With lightweight composite materials and solar materials, Hanwha Advanced Materials is recognized as a global advanced materials specialist.
- Yeochun NCC Yeochun NCC operates the world’s leading naphtha-cracking facility in the Yeosu National Industrial Complex. The facility was built in 1999 and is located on the southern tip of the Korean Peninsula. Yeochun NCC represents a fifty-fifty joint venture between Hanwha and Daelim, two South Korean conglomerates that own naphtha-cracking facilities. The facility annually produces 1.95 million tons of ethylene, 1.11 million tons of propylene, and 5.50 million tons of various petrochemical base materials, including benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene monomer, and butadiene.
- Hanwha Qcells Hanwha Qcells (Hanwha Solutions Qcells division) is one of the world’s leading clean energy companies, recognized for its established reputation as a manufacturer of high-performance, high-quality solar cells, and modules, a portfolio of intelligent storage systems, and a growing international pipeline of large-scale renewable energy projects. Hanwha Qcells also provides renewable electricity retail services and packages to end customers the world over. The company is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ) with its diverse international manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Malaysia, China, and South Korea. Hanwha Qcells strives to offer Completely Clean Energy through the full spectrum of photovoltaic products, storage solutions, renewable electricity contracting, and large-scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, Hanwha Qcells provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, governmental, and residential markets.
- Hanwha Energy Established in 2007, Hanwha Energy is a comprehensive energy solutions company. We operate cogeneration plants that provide a stable supply of high-quality electricity and ultra-high-pressure steam to companies in national industrial complexes in South Korea. By providing readily available power, our plants improve the competitive advantage of our off-takers. Our cutting-edge technology consistently complies with South Korean government requirements for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Hanwha Solutions City Development Division Hanwha Solutions City Development Division has been recognized as the leading private developer of high-tech industrial complexes since its establishment in 2001. Starting with success in Daedeok Techno Valley, additional projects followed such as the Asan Techno Valley project (2,984,000㎡ , 300 enterprises, 8,000 households), the Seosan Techno Valley project (1,994,000㎡ , 200 enterprises, 6,000 households), the Gimhae Techno Valley project (1,643,000㎡ , 200 enterprises), and the Gyeonggi Hwaseong Bio Valley project (1,745,000㎡ , 200 enterprises). Each completed project stood out as an achievement and garnered high praise. The projects are considered exemplary development models and not surprisingly, they have been benchmarked by several local governments.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company that is both the first and the oldest in South Korea. Early on, we played a critical role in developing the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth. In 2017, we expanded but made sure to stay structurally sound. We reported total assets of USD 102.96 billion. At the end of 2017, we achieved a 206.4 percent risk-based capital (RBC) ratio, demonstrating the soundness of our asset quality. Our strong credit ratings from both domestic agencies and abroad attest to our creditworthiness. We have received sterling AAA credit ratings from South Korea’s top rating agencies for the past eleven years. From abroad, we received global credit ratings of A1 from Moody's and A+ from Pitch international credit rating agencies.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first South Korean insurance company funded solely by domestic capital. Throughout history, we’ve played a pivotal role in developing South Korea’s general insurance industry. Today, we’re a major insurer with total assets of nearly USD 14 billion. We use advanced services to enhance customer value and offer a comprehensive product portfolio ranging from long-term insurance to auto and general insurance. We created a Consumer Protection charter, improved service quality and minimized customer inconvenience to provide an overall superior customer experience. We also expanded the scope of what our call center agents could do to ensure a one-call, one-stop system. In addition, we were the first South Korean insurer to introduce an electronic signature system, making it easier for customers to complete transactions from their mobile devices. We have even introduced a mobile application called Smart Insu, catering to the ways and needs of our customer. More than 100,000 customers have installed the app.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Established in 1962, Hanwha Investment & Securities provides comprehensive asset management services, including brokerage and acquisition of stocks, bonds, and derivatives, as well as sales and asset management services for various financial products. With our differentiated systems and high-quality talent, we have successfully established ourselves as a reliable asset management partner. Our financial products and customer-oriented services are offered domestically and overseas.
- Hanwha Asset Management Founded in 1988, Hanwha Asset Management has grown into a comprehensive asset management company offering a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, ETFs, special assets and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets. In 2021, as part of its expansion into digital finance, Hanwha Asset Management launched the PINE app, a platform for direct sales of funds for individual investors. At the end of 2022, the company was one of South Korea’s top asset management companies with $78.63 billion in assets under management (AUM). Building on its capabilities in South Korea, the company is growing into a global asset management company by operating local subsidiaries in the U.S., Singapore and China.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank joined Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. Even in unfavorable business climates, we’ve been able to safely pursue external growth with our experienced sales teams and a highly disciplined management team. We also found success extending the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions and supporting small and medium-sized companies with great potential.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts has grown into South Korea's premier leisure and service provider since 1979 as the developer of South Korea’s first resort condominium project.
- Hanwha Galleria Founded in 1976, Hanwha Galleria has specialized in retail services with a strong focus on department stores. Along with Galleria Luxury Hall, South Korea’s first and premier department store, we provide differentiated customer experiences via a network of department stores in local areas. We also operate other retail businesses, including global brand direct sourcing, retail sales of exclusive brands and Food & Beverage operations.
- Hanwha Eagles The Hanwha Eagles were founded as the seventh Korea Baseball Organization club in 1985. The Eagles' home ballpark is the Hanwha Life Eagles Park located in Daejeon, South Korea, making the club the highest-profile sports organization in the Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do region. Founded as the Binggrae Eagles in 1985, the club changed its name into the Hanwha Eagles in 1993.
- Hanwha Connect Hanwha Connect is the nation’s premier developer and manager of multifunctional commercial facilities.