Products & Services > Affiliates > Hanwha Land Systems
Hanwha Land Systems
Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense power of South Korea's military. After becoming an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015, we built synergy with other defense affiliates. We rebranded as the independent and specialized defense company Hanwha Land Systems in July 2017, reflecting the Group's decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
Along with Hanwha's other defense affiliates, such as Hanwha Defense Systems, Hanwha Corporations' Defense Division, and Hanwha Systems, we have achieved the top position in -South Korea's defense market. With experience in producing a more than 1,000 K55 self-propelled howitzer, we developed the K9 self-propelled howitzer, the world's top-quality howitzer with overwhelming firepower, high maneuverability, and survivability. Our K10 ammunition resupply vehicle is the world's first ammunition supply system equipped with a fully automated control system and is packaged with a K9 self-propelled howitzer. Our Evo-105 self-propelled howitzer is a new concept weapons system. It comes equipped with a 105mm towed gun on a vehicle and an automatic fire control system.
Hanwha Land Systems has been taking on large-scale projects for the national defense of South Korea for many years. As a result, we've accumulated both invaluable experience and technology in the defense industry. Our focus has been on developing cutting-edge products that include unmanned systems and remote controlled weapon stations. We have also exported the K9 self-propelled howitzer – a weapon that has gained reputation for excellence in military markets including Turkey, Poland, Finland, and India.
Our expertise in performance and technology are recognized worldwide, giving us a bridgehead to enter the global defense market and develop new markets.
We intend to grow as a global top provider of land systems. We will continue to invest in advanced technology and with it, develop total convergence solutions for the artillery, armored vehicles, unmanned systems and energy storage systems. And by providing creative platform solutions and customer-focused values, we will become a sustainable and trustworthy leader in the global defense industry.
For more information, please visit:
Hanwha's businesses span chemicals & materials, aerospace & mechatronics, solar energy, finance,
leisure & lifestyle, and construction. Through the integration of our growing number of affiliate enterprises worldwide, we are harnessing the power of sustainable, quality growth to continually increase the value we bring to our customers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives company, quickly becoming the leader in the South Korean explosives industry. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Techwin Established in 1977, Hanwha Techwin began building businesses in the aircraft engine and film camera industry. Since our founding, we’ve leveraged our technologies in optics, video, and aircraft engines to expand into aircraft /gas turbine engines and security equipment businesses. Across our businesses around the globe, we have developed top-tier original and application technologies. Combined with our growing expertise, we’re proactively meeting market demands.
- Hanwha Systems As a defense electronics company, Hanwha Systems has significantly advanced the defense capabilities of South Korea's military since the company was founded in 1978. It became a member of the Hanwha Group in 2015. As the industry leader, Hanwha Systems offers a complete solution with ground, naval, air command, control, communication, computer, and intelligence (C4I), guided weapons, electronic warfare (EW), and future combat systems.
- Hanwha Defense Systems Established in 1937, Hanwha Defense Systems provides comprehensive defense solutions. Our superior production and technology enable us to provide infantry fighting vehicles, air defense weapons, guided weapons, launching systems, high-precision navigation, and laser weapons. We became an affiliate of the Hanwha Group in 2016. We are accelerating to become a global top-tier company.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. We grew into a global powerhouse selling more than 4,500 units worldwide. We developed high-quality technology products to build diverse lineups and realize high added value. Our lineup includes: air compressors for industrial processes; fuel gas compressors for power plants; boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants; and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD (low duty)/HD (high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery In 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery developed the first chip mounter in South Korea. We have since grown into a total solutions provider, offering ultra-precision manufacturing equipment and integrated software. Our flagship product lineup, the DECAN series, is a new high-speed mounter that adopts the world's only modular conveyor feature. Since its 2013 launch, the series has steadily evolved. The SM series boasts the best performance in its class and is our bestselling product. We are expanding our portfolio to include injection molding automation, a semiconductor flip chip mounter, and a 3D inspection machine. Our product portfolio better meets our customer needs and provides the best customer-oriented solutions that ultimately improves productivity. We are implementing a Smart Factory, a total solution for a SMT production line that boasts seamless operation, zero defects, and unmanned operation. Our Smart Factory will increase production efficiency, installation accuracy, quality, and management while lowering maintenance costs.