Products & Services > Affiliates > Hanwha Techwin
Established in 1977, Hanwha Techwin began building businesses in the aircraft engine and film camera industry. Since our founding, we've leveraged our technologies in optics, video, and aircraft engines to expand into aircraft /gas turbine engines and security equipment businesses. Across our businesses around the globe, we have developed top-tier original and application technologies. Combined with our growing expertise, we're proactively meeting market demands.
As South Korea's only producer of gas turbine engines, we have an unmatched competitive edge in the engine business. For the last 40 years, we have provided a range of gas turbine engine solutions around the world. In 2016, we surpassed a milestone of completing 8,000 gas turbine units and signed a contract to provide large-scale aircraft engine parts to GE and Rolls-Royce, becoming a trusted partner in the global aircraft industry. In addition, we entered into a contract with the United States Pratt & Whitney to operate a joint venture in Singapore's manufacturing company. Our partnership with Pratt & Whitney is a Risk and Revenue Sharing Partnership (RSP) to co-build the next generation aircraft engine. This partnership represents the joining the ranks of other leading aircraft engine manufacturers of the world.
Our security business provides a full lineup of security solutions, from world-class CCTVs and video recorders to integrated management software. We apply more than 20 years of experience in optics and video processing technology to offer products for various customer needs. Our advances in R&D have enabled us to not only meet the ever-changing demands of the housing and construction industry but also to - maintain global top-tier levels. We produce 2.6 million video surveillance devices in South Korea and China while building service networks in Europe, the Americas, China, and Southeast Asia. Currently, 75 percent of our sales come from other markets overseas. In 2017, we launched the Wisenet X series that boast its own global chipset. The Wisenet X series has already won wide praise from customers, solidifying our leadership in the industry.
Hanwha Techwin develops technology for precision machinery, control, image analysis, software, and a range of automation projects. Leveraging our technology and experience, we launched South Korea's first collaborative robot in April 2017. Developing robots that can perform basic tasks and supplementary work enable us to maximize efficiencies in many industries, from automotive to electronics, food, and medicine.
For more information, please visit :
Hanwha's businesses span chemicals & materials, aerospace & mechatronics, solar energy, finance,
leisure & lifestyle, and construction. Through the integration of our growing number of affiliate enterprises worldwide, we are harnessing the power of sustainable, quality growth to continually increase the value we bring to our customers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives company, quickly becoming the leader in the South Korean explosives industry. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Land Systems Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense power of South Korea's military. After becoming an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015, we built synergy with other defense affiliates. We rebranded as the independent and specialized defense company Hanwha Land Systems in July 2017, reflecting the Group's decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
- Hanwha Systems As a defense electronics company, Hanwha Systems has significantly advanced the defense capabilities of South Korea's military since the company was founded in 1978. It became a member of the Hanwha Group in 2015. As the industry leader, Hanwha Systems offers a complete solution with ground, naval, air command, control, communication, computer, and intelligence (C4I), guided weapons, electronic warfare (EW), and future combat systems.
- Hanwha Defense Systems Established in 1937, Hanwha Defense Systems provides comprehensive defense solutions. Our superior production and technology enable us to provide infantry fighting vehicles, air defense weapons, guided weapons, launching systems, high-precision navigation, and laser weapons. We became an affiliate of the Hanwha Group in 2016. We are accelerating to become a global top-tier company.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. We grew into a global powerhouse selling more than 4,500 units worldwide. We developed high-quality technology products to build diverse lineups and realize high added value. Our lineup includes: air compressors for industrial processes; fuel gas compressors for power plants; boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants; and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD (low duty)/HD (high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery In 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery developed the first chip mounter in South Korea. We have since grown into a total solutions provider, offering ultra-precision manufacturing equipment and integrated software. Our flagship product lineup, the DECAN series, is a new high-speed mounter that adopts the world's only modular conveyor feature. Since its 2013 launch, the series has steadily evolved. The SM series boasts the best performance in its class and is our bestselling product. We are expanding our portfolio to include injection molding automation, a semiconductor flip chip mounter, and a 3D inspection machine. Our product portfolio better meets our customer needs and provides the best customer-oriented solutions that ultimately improves productivity. We are implementing a Smart Factory, a total solution for a SMT production line that boasts seamless operation, zero defects, and unmanned operation. Our Smart Factory will increase production efficiency, installation accuracy, quality, and management while lowering maintenance costs.