Products & Services > Affiliates > Hanwha Techwin
Hanwha Techwin has taken its 30 years of technological prowess to build a renowned global security company.
Established in 1977, Hanwha Techwin’s advanced optical design, manufacturing, and image-processing technology have made it a global leader in video surveillance. We’re heavily investing in R&D to innovate and meet the ever-changing market needs. In so doing, we’ve been gaining recognition as a global top-tier company. By applying our experience and subject matter expertise to our product development, we’ve been able to create a complete line of security solutions, from cameras and recorders to integrated management software. Our products are designed to meet every application, including urban surveillance, retail, transportation, and banking.
We manufacture over 2.7 million video surveillance devices in South Korea and Vietnam. We maintain the largest share of the South Korean video surveillance market. However, 75 percent of our total sales comes from our overseas markets.
Our products are sold through more than 16,000 global sales networks across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, and Asia. The strength and breadth of our networks affords us the ability to market and sell our products directly to our customers.
Incorporating the next generation of technologies, such as deep learning, AI, and business intelligence, is at the core of what Hanwha Techwin is doing to ensure our portfolio of security solutions will catapult us to the forefront of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. We are becoming a global security solutions provider with industry-leading cybersecurity technology that offers customers the highest level of confidence and satisfaction.
For more information, please visit :
Hanwha's businesses span chemicals & materials, aerospace & mechatronics, solar energy, finance,
leisure & lifestyle, and construction. Through the integration of our growing number of affiliate enterprises worldwide, we are harnessing the power of sustainable, quality growth to continually increase the value we bring to our customers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation, the parent company of the Hanwha Group, is a global manufacturing company that has directly contributed to the growth of South Korea's economy. There are 3 divisions under the Hanwha Corporation: Global, Defense, and Machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing company operating in three business areas—explosives and chemical, defense, and machinery. In 1959, Hanwha was the first domestic manufacturer of dynamite in South Korea. After having successfully developed safer, high-quality industrial explosives and fire process products, we have been able to supply the South Korean government with the crucial means to rebuild its cities and infrastructure.
- Hanwha Aerospace Hanwha Aerospace began operations in 1977, producing aircraft engines and film cameras. Since then, it has aggressively invested in R&D to grow into a major presence within the aircraft/gas turbine engine industry. Hanwha Aerospace’s dramatic evolution was made possible by the successful development of industry leading and proprietary technologies that give it the competitive edge needed to succeed around the world. In addition to technological advancement, Hanwha Aerospace also focuses on developing industry expertise and the ability to comprehensively address changing market demands as well as the ability to anticipate future market shifts.
- Hanwha Systems As a leading global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies in defense ICT and information infrastructure. In August 2018, we launched the new ICT division through the merger with Hanwha S&C. Our ICT division will enable us to increase our leadership in defense electronics by leveraging advanced defense IT and system integration capabilities. And by strengthening our SI business competencies, we will be able to expand into areas of public infrastructure and private security.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. Since then, we’ve become a global powerhouse and have sold more than 5,000 units worldwide. Using advanced technology, we developed high-value-added product lines. Our product lines include air compressors for industrial processes, fuel gas compressors for power plants, boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants, and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD/HD (low duty/high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery After developing the first chip mounter in 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery has become a leading worldwide Smart Factory solutions provider, offering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) mounters, semiconductor equipment, insertion and assembly automation equipment, collaborative robots, industrial automation equipment, and integrated software solutions.