Please click the flags to see Hanwha's news updates around the globe
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Beijing On July 3rd, Hanwha Advanced Materials Beijing conducted a fire safety training with Beijing's Changping district fire department to commemorate Fire Safety Month. During the training exercise, the Hanwha Advanced Materials employees were taught how to cope with fire emergencies and given training in general fire safety awareness.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Europe Hanwha Total Europe Opens a New Branch in Frankfurt, Germany
On June 28th, Hanwha Total Europe opened a branch in Frankfurt, Germany. Along with the employees of the Polymer Export Division of Hanwha Total, Total Group executives attended the opening ceremony and celebrated the successful launch of the latest Hanwha Total Europe branch. Hanwha Total Europe in Germany is aiming to become the leading supplier of polymer products throughout Europe.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Japan Co., Ltd. Hanwha Q CELLS Japan Reaches Number One in Domestic 3 GW Solar Modules
In May 2017 Hanwha Q CELLS Japan exceeded the total shipment of
3 GW solar cell modules in Japan's domestic market just six years after its entry back in August 2011.
According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), the total amount of solar modules installed in Japan by the end of 2016 was 42.8 GW of which 7% was supplied by Hanwha Q CELLS Japan. At the same time, the company's share of Japan's solar module market was over 10%. Hanwha's market share in Japan then climbed to 12% in the first quarter of 2017 before jumping to 16% in April.
In 2016, strategies were employed targeting 3 customer segments:
1) large commercial businesses
2) small commercial businesses
3) residential customers.
The successful execution of these strategies led to increased sales. The small commercial businesses and residential segments responded best and as a result, the total shipment volumes to these two customer segments increased 25% and 5% respectively over the prior years.
The dramatic sales increase to the small commercial businesses was attributed to the popularity of the Q.MAX series – an assortment of devices including power conditioners, frames and racks whose adoption lowered the barrier to entry into solar power systems and also served to show the commercial value of solar power. For the residential segment, it was the Q.PARTNERS sales support program for sales agents that contributed to the higher sales.
The products Hanwha Q CELLS Japan is selling are high-end products developed in Germany. These products have improved long-term power generation and durability that translates to lower costs to the customers. And coupled with a proven sales strategy for each of its target segments, Hanwa Q CELLS Japan is now well on its way to reach its longer-term goal of achieving its 30~40% increase in total shipment volume.
- Saipan World Resort Hanwha Saipan World Resort Starts "Take A Break" Program
On July 7th, 2017, Hanwha Saipan World Resort launched its "Take A Break" employee care program. The objectives of the program are to:
1) reward hard-working team members for high performance and
2) boost employee morale and their efforts to increase customer satisfaction.
Thanks to the hard work of the employees, the room occupancy rate hovered around 108%. Their achievement did not go unrewarded. Through the employee care program, these employees, their families and friends were treated to a free night accommodation with meals and water park passes at the Hanwha Saipan World Resort. Rejuvenated and back from "break," the employees returned to work, all smiles.
United States of America레이어 닫기
- Hanwha Advanced Materials America To celebrate Independence Day at work, On June 29th, Hanwha Advanced Materials America held a barbeque party in advance of July 4th. During the event, the management expressed their gratitude to all the employees for their hard work and dedication.