Please click the flags to see Hanwha's news updates around the globe
- Foodist Food Culture(Shanghai) Co., Ltd Mid-Autumn Day is a major harvest festival celebrated by the Chinese on the 15th of August of the lunar calendar. It's a traditional holiday celebrated throughout Asia. During the festival, families get together and wish for a good harvest under a full moon. They also perform ancestral rituals to the moon, eat mooncakes, and admire laurel tree flowers that folklore says, has existed on the moon and has healing properties.
Foodist Food Culture Shanghai celebrated Mid-Autumn Day by making more than 1,000 mooncakes in Schaeffler stores owned by the company. These special mooncakes were then handed out to employees and clients.
- Hanwha Q CELLS SAS Q.FLAT-G4 Powers Doming Plant in France
After revealing Hanwha Q CELLS' Q.FLAT-G4.1 flat-roof system to European markets at Intersolar Europe in June, the company embarked its first system in operation.
The 84 kW Q.FLAT-G4.1 has been installed in east-west orientation on a flat roof of a manufacturing plant of CN Industries—a doming company applying 3D coating to objects and surfaces–in the French Auvergne region. The photovoltaic solution comprises of 280 Q.PEAK-G4.1 300 Wp modules and will produce around 116,280 kWh of clean electricity. This will allow CN Industries save up to 5,218 kg carbon emission per year by using 70% of the self-produced solar electricity to power its doming production.
Q.FLAT-G4.1 flat-roof system is the central element of Hanwha Q CELLS' market strategy for flat roofs of commercial, industrial and public customers in Europe. Since the system comes with a complete one-stop-shop system solution including planning, documentation, delivery and installation, it enables fast, simple and secure method of installation that does not require roof penetration for the customers. In the future, Hanwha Q CELLS will continue to provide better flat roof solutions for its customers.
- Hanwha Europe GmbH On September 15th through the 16th, Hanwha Europe GmbH held its 2017 Group Europe Network Strategic Conference in Eschborn Germany. This two-day conference is annual meeting started last year, seeking to spur business cooperation between major European branches, share key business insights and discuss important issues common to all.
A total of 25 representatives from 13 European networks including the UK and Germany attended the conference. Topics included human resources, sales and resolution to key issues that could benefit and create synergy between the networks.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Mexico Hanwha Advanced Materials Mexico has seen great success in the automotive industry in Mexico. The company has experienced rapid growth in a brief time from close relationships with carmakers such as KIA, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen and Ford.
On top of high-profile projects already under way, Hanwha Advanced Materials Mexico expects to begin manufacturing automotive parts for Volkswagen by the end of the year. More projects are expected to follow including parts for Mercedes-Benz in 2018 and BMW and Ford in 2019.
These achievements can be attributed to the dedication of the HAMX team. All of its members had demonstrated dedication, earning the praise of CEO Chong Woo Nam, "I truly appreciate all our employees and their work".
HAMX will embrace more challenges and continue to expand the company's business portfolio in the future.
United States of America레이어 닫기
- Universal Bearings LLC On September 21st, Universal Bearings LLC received the prestigious Eaton Corporation Supplier Excellence Award for 2016. This award was presented to only 10 global suppliers in recognition for meeting or exceeding a stringent set of quality performance criteria, delivery standards, and business support requirements in their cross-functional support to the entire Eaton Corporation.
Universal Bearings has been an excellent companion to the Eaton Corporation, helping the company become a leader in the Power Delivery Systems market in the automotive, aerospace, and industrial area.
- On October 18th, Hanwha Asset Management held a ceremony to officially launch its U.S. subsidiary in New York. The company's CEO Yong-Hyun Kim attended the event.
At the helm of the new U.S. subsidiary will be CEO Jung Woo Sung. Mr. Sung will lead a team of four asset managers at the Manhattan, New York based Hanwha Asset Management USA Ltd., as the firm's alternative investment expert.
By using the American subsidiary as its base, Hanwha Asset Management seeks to directly manage sovereign bonds of advanced economies, including the U.S., while expanding alternative investments in overseas markets.
As a part of the plan, the company took over the New York subsidiary of Hanwha Life last February and filed with the SEC to become an RIA (Registered Investment Advisor). CEO Sung co-heads the alternative investments of Hanwha Asset Management.
The company's entrance into the U.S. market is a part of its long-term strategy to become a global asset manager by increasing expertise and efficiency in asset management.
Led by CEO Yong-Hyun Kim, the company has been largely fortifying its overseas and alternative investment businesses in an effort to nurture new growth engines in overseas markets and alternative assets. And as part of this effort, Hanwha Investment Management Ltd. in Tianjin, China was established as a solely owned investment house last year. The investment house in China handles stocks, bonds, and alternative investments for the region.
The company's third subsidiary based in Singapore will focus on stocks, bonds, and alternative assets in Australia and in Asian countries other than China.
"With the launch of our U.S. subsidiary, we have completed our trilateral network connecting China, Singapore, and the U.S.," said a spokesperson of Hanwha Asset Management. "Once we receive the approval for managing private equity funds from the Chinese regulators, we will be able to become a truly international asset manager."