Hanwha is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (reference EU2016/679) of the European Parliament on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data as well as each applicable national personal data protection laws and regulations.
- 1. What is Personal Data?
- 2. Which sources and what Personal Data we use?
- 3. What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
- 4. What is the basis for processing of your Personal Data?
- 5. Who will receive your Personal Data?
- 6. Storage and/or transfer of your personal data
- 7. Security
- 8. Your rights in relation to personal data
- 9. Am I obliged to provide my Personal Data?
- 10. Cookies
- 11. Data controllers & contact
Personal data (“Personal Data”) is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly. This definition covers a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute Personal Data, including name, address, email address, identification number, location data or online identifier.
When you use this Website, Hanwha will collect, use and process any Personal Data you provide us and any information generated as a result of using the Website, such as IP address, the date and length of visit to the site, the pages you view etc. Please see below each items of personal data we collect and the method of collection, retention period for each items.
● EMAIL ADDRESS
- - Method of collecting data: Hanwha directly collects email addresses whenever you voluntarily provide the information to us through the webpages including pages for (i) signing up for newsletters and (ii) making inquiries.
- - Retention period: Until services continue or Users request to erase data.
● COOKIES, LOG FILES, IP ADDRESSES:
- Method of collecting data:
- о Log files/IP address: When you visit our Website and you have not otherwise identified yourself (e.g., via registration for newsletter), our web servers automatically recognize your domain name and collect web server logs. Examples of the types of data collected in the logs are IP addresses, referral pages, date and time of site access, and site visited.
- о Cookies: Cookies are small data files placed on your device by a website when you visit. Cookies are currently the best way to effectively identify unique website visitors and understand how they navigate our services.
- о Cookies: please see below section “10. Cookies”
- о IP Addresses: 9 months or until Users request to erase
- - Method of collecting data:
- ● WEBSITE BROWSERS / ADMINISTRATION We use your Personal Data for administrative purposes, including to help us better understand how our customers access and use our Websites and applications; to provide reports to prospective partners, service providers, regulators, and others; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect our customers, partners and us; and to enforce our policies, directives and processes.
- ● COMMUNICATION We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance or enquiries.
- ● ADVERTISING, MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS To the extent permitted by law, we may use your Personal Data for marketing and promotional purposes including communication through e-mail. For example, we can use your e-mail address to send newsletters and promotions.
- ● RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT We use your Personal Data for research and development purposes, including improving our Websites.
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your data. We generally rely on a number of grounds (reasons) for our business processing.
We process your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable data protection laws and regulations. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data are:
- ● TO COMPLY WITH CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION This legal basis is relevant when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the User is the party or in order to take steps at the request of the User prior to entering into a contract. When you subscribe to a particular service (e.g., newsletter) through the Website, the purposes of processing your Personal Data are primarily determined by that service and we will process your data so that we can provide that service to you.
- ● YOUR CONSENT This legal basis is relevant when the User has given consent to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes. When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the Website, you can withdraw consent at any time by following the instructions provided in the application process or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● LEGITIMATE INTEREST
This legal basis is relevant when the processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by Hanwha. On this occasion we may not need your consent to use your data, given our legitimate interest to do so but we must inform you that we do this; examples of this are:
- - For the analysis and optimization of the Website.
- - For ensuring IT security and the IT operation of Hanwha.
- - For prevention and investigation of criminal acts.
- ● LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR PUBLIC INTEREST Hanwha, as any other company, is subject to legal obligations and regulations. In some cases the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for Hanwha in other to fulfil these obligations.
Except for the following cases, Hanwha will not disclose Personal Data to any third party.
● When Hanwha shares the data with its agents, service providers and advisers:
- - Our agents, service providers and advisers (e.g. Third party service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need such as IT maintenance and support, compliance and security services, etc.);
- Consignment of processing Personal Data: Hanwha consigns the operation of personal data to third parties written below to improve our service. The consigned work of our Websites is as follows. Hanwha regulates what are necessary according to the relevant regulations so that the personal information can be processed safely during the consignment contract.
① Company name: Hancomm
⧫ Consigned work: Marketing and promotion service
② Company name: Hanwha Systems/ICT
⧫ Consigned work: Operating of website and system
- ① Company name: Hancomm
- ● When the Users consent to disclose in advance
● When disclosure is required by the laws:
- - If required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or
- - If required to be disclosed to law enforcement or government authorities where necessary to comply with applicable laws.
We use appropriate measures (described below) to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure. Please note, however, that these protections do not apply to information you choose to share in public areas such as third party social networks.
- ● PEOPLE WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA Your Personal Data will be processed by our authorized staff or agents, on a need to know basis, depending on the specific purposes for which your Personal Data have been collected (e.g. our staff in charge of sending newsletter will have access to your data).
- ● MEASURES TAKEN IN OPERATION ENVIRONMENTS We store your Personal Data in operating environments that use reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access. We follow reasonable standards to protect Personal Data.
● TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
- - The storage as well as the processing of your Personal Data as described above may require that your Personal Data are ultimately transferred/transmitted to, and/or stored at, a destination outside of your country of residence, notably South Korea, and the USA. We may also transfer your Personal Data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA.
- - When we transfer your Personal Data, we rely on protection mechanisms in compliance with data protection law in order to protect your Personal Data and achieve an adequate level of protection. In particular this includes transfers on the basis of an adequacy decision by the European Commission or transfers subject to standard data protection clauses or other appropriate safeguards.
We use technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorized persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
You may at any time exercise your data protection rights:
- ● RIGHT TO ACCESS/OBTAIN A REPORT DETAILING THE INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Hanwha and if so, what specific data is being processed.
- ● RIGHT TO CORRECT PERSONAL DATA You have the right to change any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- ● RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN (RIGHT TO ERASURE) In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- ● RIGHT TO STOP THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by Hanwha, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent.
- ● RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- ● RIGHT TO OBJECT AND TO WITHDRAW CONSENT Please see below section “Am I obliged to provide my Personal Data?”
To this effect, please contact Hanwha in writing either by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com or by writing to the addresses below, enclosing a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
Hanwha Group, Head of Data Protection - Chief Privacy Officer: JeeYoung Park (Hanwha Communications Committee),
- ● RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH A DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or of an alleged infringement of data protection law.
You may at any time object to the processing of your Personal Data or where your consent is required, withdraw such consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services of the Website.
● WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
Table explanation of Cookies, Type, Category, Retention period Cookies Type Category Retention period Adobe Analytics Performance Cookies Analytics / Third party cookies Session or until you erase cache on your browser Persistent cookie : 25 Months Google Analytics / Google Ads Targeting/ Advertising Cookies Cross Site Tracking / Third party cookies Session or until you erase cache on your browser Persistent cookie : 18 Months Twitter / FaceBook / Google+ / Pinterest / LinkedIn Social Sharing Cookies Social Media&Sharing / Third Party cookies Session or until you erase cache on your browser Persistent cookies: Subject to relevant Cookie companies policy
● HOW CAN YOU DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use our Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our Website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services. For the purpose of statistical analysis, we use analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics.
- - Chrome(Web/Mobile): https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- - Internet Explore: https://support.microsoft.com/ko-kr/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings
- - Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036
- - Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
- - Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/#tracking
Chief Privacy Officer: JeeYoung Park (Hanwha Communications Committee),