Products & Services > Affiliates > Hanwha Power Systems
Hanwha Power Systems
Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. We grew into a global powerhouse selling more than 4,500 units worldwide. We developed high-quality technology products to build diverse lineups and realize high added value. Our lineup includes: air compressors for industrial processes; fuel gas compressors for power plants; boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants; and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD (low duty)/HD (high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
In 2011, we entered the gas compressor market and are now the only energy equipment company in South Korea capable of independently designing, producing, and testing large-capacity high-pressure gas compressors. Our high-efficiency compressor and expander provide competitive advantages for our customers with competitive delivery and core components built in-house. In 2013, we launched the world's largest air-cooled turbo compressor SA3100. In 2014, we were contracted to supply the world's first marine VRU (Vapor Recovery Unit) steam recovery turbo compressor. In addition, in 2015, we entered the LD/HD compressor market with a compressor for LNG carriers and solutions for shipbuilders.
In terms of global sales and R&D networks, Hanwha Power Systems is rapidly growing as a global energy equipment company. We are establishing long-term business relationships around the world. We currently have six international sales offices, as well as production facilities in Korea and China, and an R&D center in Houston, Texas. We are accelerating our global development cooperation in the US. Recently, we focused on building closer relationships with key customers in the O&G industry, and we succeeded. In the first half of 2016, we obtained vendor approval for API617 and API672 from Saudi Aramco. We also strengthened our cooperation with GE Oil & Gas by signing MOUs for gas turbine generators and packages.
Our next goal is to become a total energy solutions supplier. To this end, our plan is to strengthen our product portfolio in the compressor business and expand into turbine-related businesses that can support petroleum gas and power generation customers. And recently, we received an order from the US Department of Energy (DOE) for a project related to SCO2 engine development. We are now looking to collaborate with SwRI (Southwest Research Institute) in the US. The SCO2 project is expected to supplant the steam turbine market and become a game changer that creates new markets in the distributed power generation market. In cooperation with KEPCO in 2017, we began to develop a pure oxygen gas turbine, eco-friendly high-efficiency power generation equipment. We expect our collected efforts and accomplishments will propel us to leadership in the eco-friendly power generation solutions market.
For more information, please visit:
Hanwha's businesses span chemicals & materials, aerospace & mechatronics, solar energy, finance,
leisure & lifestyle, and construction. Through the integration of our growing number of affiliate enterprises worldwide, we are harnessing the power of sustainable, quality growth to continually increase the value we bring to our customers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives company, quickly becoming the leader in the South Korean explosives industry. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Techwin Hanwha Techwin provides optimal security solutions for different industries, with our full lineup of products ranging from CCTV and storage devices to integrated management software. Based on 30 years of experience and best technology in the field of optical and video processing, we are able to satisfy diverse customer needs with excellent product lineup, while maintaining a global top-tier status with advances in R&D that meet the changes in housing and industrial paradigms. With production facilities in China, Vietnam and in Korea, Hanwha Techwin manufactures 2.7 million video surveillance devices. Our service network covers Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, China and Asia and 76 percent of our sales come from our overseas markets.
- Hanwha Land Systems Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense power of South Korea's military. After becoming an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015, we built synergy with other defense affiliates. We rebranded as the independent and specialized defense company Hanwha Land Systems in July 2017, reflecting the Group's decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
- Hanwha Systems As a defense electronics company, Hanwha Systems has significantly advanced the defense capabilities of South Korea's military since the company was founded in 1978. It became a member of the Hanwha Group in 2015. As the industry leader, Hanwha Systems offers a complete solution with ground, naval, air command, control, communication, computer, and intelligence (C4I), guided weapons, electronic warfare (EW), and future combat systems.
- Hanwha Defense Systems Established in 1937, Hanwha Defense Systems provides comprehensive defense solutions. Our superior production and technology enable us to provide infantry fighting vehicles, air defense weapons, guided weapons, launching systems, high-precision navigation, and laser weapons. We became an affiliate of the Hanwha Group in 2016. We are accelerating to become a global top-tier company.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery In 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery developed the first chip mounter in South Korea. We have since grown into a total solutions provider, offering ultra-precision manufacturing equipment and integrated software. Our flagship product lineup, the DECAN series, is a new high-speed mounter that adopts the world's only modular conveyor feature. Since its 2013 launch, the series has steadily evolved. The SM series boasts the best performance in its class and is our bestselling product. We are expanding our portfolio to include injection molding automation, a semiconductor flip chip mounter, and a 3D inspection machine. Our product portfolio better meets our customer needs and provides the best customer-oriented solutions that ultimately improves productivity. We are implementing a Smart Factory, a total solution for a SMT production line that boasts seamless operation, zero defects, and unmanned operation. Our Smart Factory will increase production efficiency, installation accuracy, quality, and management while lowering maintenance costs.