Products & Services > Affiliates > Hanwha Power Systems
Hanwha Power Systems
Hanwha Power Systems is the global energy equipment company in South Korea with independent design, production, and testing capabilities. The quality and the advanced technology of our products have earned trust among our customers around the world.
Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. Since then, we’ve become a global powerhouse and have delivered more than 5,500 units of air and gas compressors worldwide. Using advanced technology, we developed high-value-added product lines. Our product lines include industrial air compressors, fuel gas compressors for power plants, and boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants.
We are the only energy equipment company in South Korea capable of independently designing, producing, and testing large-capacity high-pressure gas compressors. In addition to high- efficiency compressors, we provide expanders with short lead times and in-house developed core components that give our customers a competitive advantage. In 2014, we won the contract to supply the world's first marine Vapor Recovery Unit (VRU) steam recovery turbo compressor. In 2017, we also won the contract to provide compressors for Floating Storage Regasification Units (FSRU) and LNG carriers that gave us the opportunity to demonstrate our outstanding technology.
Hanwha Power Systems is building long-term partnerships by rapidly expanding its sales, customer service, and R&D networks globally. We currently have eight international sales offices that provide sales and customer service, in addition to production facilities in Korea and China. Our US Houston R&D center alone is creating partnerships on a global scale, like with Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) to build sCO2 engines. At the same time, we are focusing on building closer relationships with key customers in the oil & gas industry. We obtained vendor approval for API617 and API672 from Saudi Aramco in 2016 and have been working on securing vendor approvals from other major clients in the Middle East and Asia.
Our next goal is to become a global top- tier power and energy solutions supplier. To this end, we’re working to strengthen our product portfolio in the compressor business and expand into turbine-related businesses that can support petroleum gas and power generation customers. In strategic cooperation with Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE), we’re selling BHGE’s package products, including gas turbines, steam turbines, and reciprocating and barrel compressors. In 2019, we signed an official service center contract with BHGE to service the South Korean market on a wide range of products, including gas turbines and steam turbines.
We are currently working to fulfill our contract with the US Department of Energy (DOE) to develop sCO2 engines. This project is expected to help us become a game changer by creating new markets in the distributed power generation, effectively supplanting the steam turbine market. Along with our turbo expander generator (TEG), currently being developed as a power generation system using waste heat, we expect our partnership efforts and increasing developments to propel us to leadership in the eco-friendly power generation solutions market.
For more information, please visit:
Hanwha's businesses span chemicals & materials, aerospace & mechatronics, solar energy, finance,
leisure & lifestyle, and construction. Through the integration of our growing number of affiliate enterprises worldwide, we are harnessing the power of sustainable, quality growth to continually increase the value we bring to our customers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives company, quickly becoming the leader in explosives and, in effect, creating the industry itself in South Korea. The company has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Techwin Hanwha Techwin provides optimal security solutions for different industries, with our full lineup of products ranging from CCTV and storage devices to integrated management software. Based on 30 years of experience and best technology in the field of optical and video processing, we are able to satisfy diverse customer needs with excellent product lineup, while maintaining a global top-tier status with advances in R&D that meet the changes in housing and industrial paradigms. With production facilities in China, Vietnam and in Korea, Hanwha Techwin manufactures 2.7 million video surveillance devices. Our service network covers Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, China and Asia and 76 percent of our sales come from our overseas markets.
- Hanwha Land Systems Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense capabilities of South Korea’s armed forces. We became an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015. Just two years later, we were spun off from Hanwha Techwin in 2017 as an independent and specialized defense company and renamed Hanwha Land Systems. We are building synergy with other defense affiliates, which reflects the Group’s decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
- Hanwha Systems As a leading global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies in defense ICT and information infrastructure. In August 2018, we launched the new ICT division through the merger with Hanwha S&C. Our ICT division will enable us to increase our leadership in defense electronics by leveraging advanced defense IT and system integration capabilities. And by strengthening our SI business competencies, we will be able to expand into areas of public infrastructure and private security.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery After developing the first chip mounter in 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery has become a leading worldwide Smart Factory solutions provider, offering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) mounters, semiconductor equipment, insertion and assembly automation equipment, collaborative robots, industrial automation equipment, and integrated software solutions.