Products & Services > Affiliates > Hanwha Power Systems
Hanwha Power Systems
Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. Since then, we’ve become a global powerhouse and have sold more than 5,000 units worldwide. Using advanced technology, we developed high-value-added product lines. Our product lines include air compressors for industrial processes, fuel gas compressors for power plants, boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants, and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD/HD (low duty/high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
In 2011, we entered the gas compressor market and are now the only energy equipment company in South Korea capable of independently designing, producing, and testing large-capacity high-pressure gas compressors. Our high-efficiency compressors along with our expanders, give our customers a competitive advantage in delivery and the ability to build their core components in-house. In 2013, we launched the world's largest air-cooled turbo compressor SA3100. In 2014, we won the contract to supply the world's first marine Vapor Recovery Unit (VRU) steam recovery turbo compressor. And, in 2015, we entered the LD/HD compressor market with a compressor for LNG carriers and solutions for shipbuilders.
Hanwha Power Systems is an energy equipment company that is rapidly expanding its sales and R&D networks globally. We currently have six international sales offices, as well as production facilities in South Korea and China. Our R&D centers, located in the cities of Houston, the US and Pangyo, South Korea, are accelerating our development co-ops on a global scale. At the same time, we’ve been focusing on developing closer relationships with our key customers in the O&G industry. In the first half of 2016, we obtained a vendor approval for API617 and API672 from Saudi Aramco. We also strengthened our cooperation with GE Oil & Gas by signing MOUs for gas turbine generators and packages.
Our next goal is to become a total energy solutions supplier. To this end, we’re working to strengthen our product portfolio in the compressor business and expand into turbine-related businesses that can support petroleum gas and power generation customers. Recently, we received an order from the US Department of Energy (DOE) for a project related to SCO2 engine development. We are now looking to collaborate with Southwest Research Institute (SRI) in the US. The SCO2 project is expected to supplant the steam turbine market and become a game changer that creates new markets in the distributed power generation market. In partnership with KEPCO in 2017, we began the development of a pure oxygen gas turbine)—an eco-friendly and highly efficient power generation equipment. We expect our collected efforts and accomplishments to propel us to leadership in the eco-friendly power generation solutions market.
For more information, please visit:
Hanwha's businesses span chemicals & materials, aerospace & mechatronics, solar energy, finance,
leisure & lifestyle, and construction. Through the integration of our growing number of affiliate enterprises worldwide, we are harnessing the power of sustainable, quality growth to continually increase the value we bring to our customers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Techwin Hanwha Techwin provides optimal security solutions for different industries, with our full lineup of products ranging from CCTV and storage devices to integrated management software. Based on 30 years of experience and best technology in the field of optical and video processing, we are able to satisfy diverse customer needs with excellent product lineup, while maintaining a global top-tier status with advances in R&D that meet the changes in housing and industrial paradigms. With production facilities in China, Vietnam and in Korea, Hanwha Techwin manufactures 2.7 million video surveillance devices. Our service network covers Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, China and Asia and 76 percent of our sales come from our overseas markets.
- Hanwha Land Systems Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense capabilities of South Korea’s armed forces. We became an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015. Just two years later, we were spun off from Hanwha Techwin in 2017 as an independent and specialized defense company and renamed Hanwha Land Systems. We are building synergy with other defense affiliates, which reflects the Group’s decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
- Hanwha Systems As a leading global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies in defense ICT and information infrastructure. In August 2018, we launched the new ICT division through the merger with Hanwha S&C. Our ICT division will enable us to increase our leadership in defense electronics by leveraging advanced defense IT and system integration capabilities. And by strengthening our SI business competencies, we will be able to expand into areas of public infrastructure and private security.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery After developing the first chip mounter in 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery has become a leading worldwide Smart Factory solutions provider, offering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) mounters, semiconductor equipment, insertion and assembly automation equipment, collaborative robots, industrial automation equipment, and integrated software solutions.