Retail & Services
- Press Release Hanwha Galleria “Lights It Up Blue” in Honor of World Autism Awareness Day
- Press Release Hanwha Partners With Centre Pompidou to Showcase Modern and Contemporary Art in South Korea
- Sustainability 2021 Hanwha's Year in Review
- Sustainability Hanwha's Approach to ESG Management: Adding Value Across Core Business Segments
- Innovations Hanwha Helps the Fight Against COVID-19
- Press Release A Seaside Luxury Experience Awaits at Hanwha Resort Geoje Belvedere
- Sustainability Refining a Sustainable Architecture
- Innovations Welcome to Tomorrow’s Hotel, Today
- Press Release THE PLAZA Seoul Presents an Haute Cuisine Spectacular by Michelin Star Chef
With robust online and offline platforms in retail & services, Hanwha sustains the lifestyles and dreams of customers. We plan to expand into developing large–scale complexes and change the view of urban living by using our accumulated design and operational capabilities as well as our technology and expertise to provide benefits for the public and achieve business success. We offer customers differentiated experiences in retail & services to enrich leisure and lives, from premium lifestyle department stores, luxury boutique hotels and high–end resorts to commercial complexes that showcase city living and culture. We expect to leap forward as a lifestyle platform company. By developing new and relevant content while strengthening the competitiveness of our existing businesses, we will create innovative experiences and value for daily lives.
Business in Focus
Engineering & ConstructionKorea's LeadingConstruction Company
Korea's leadingGreenin wind energy
Tripadvisor's 2019Best LuxuryService Hotel in Korea
After successfully completing the gleaming Suwon MICE Multi Complex and becoming a key player in developing large-scale urban projects, Hanwha Corporation/Engineering & Construction won the bid in 2021 to construct the new sports and convention complex on a 350,000-square-meter-site near Seoul’s Jamsil Sports Complex that will become a new hub for Seoul’s culture and business. As a striking new landmark in southern Seoul, the complex is expected to become a global venue for MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) that will attract major international events and visitors. Along with developing the northern area of Seoul Station, we are creating distinctive urban spaces and multifunctional complexes that offer differentiated capabilities and performance and introduce new customer experiences, including a convention center, hotel, offices and a shopping center.
Stocked with luxury offerings, style options and up-to-the-minute trends, the Galleria is South Korea's premium department store chain. As we become the No. 1 premium content producer, we are creating exceptional platforms for online and offline stores. We provide differentiated customer experiences by incorporating timely lifestyle trends into our offerings, such as South Korea's first grocerant (grocery-restaurant hybrid) department store. We also launched Maison Galleria, the first-ever exclusive VIP lounge within a department store, while developing our own high-end brands, digitally transformed services, foods and beverages. We are dedicated to leading trends and offering unique customer experiences that no other retailer can provide.
Located in the heart of Seoul, THE PLAZA is South Korea’s most luxurious boutique hotel and considered one of the preeminent hotels in Asia. Near historical landmarks, including Deoksugung Palace and Gyeongbokgung Palace, and within walking distance of such major attractions as Gwanghwamun, Seoul Plaza, Myeongdong and Insadong, THE PLAZA is a first-class destination for tourists from around the world. THE PLAZA’s services and location also draw premier business customers because the surrounding area has a large concentration of domestic and international financial institutions and multinational corporations. The 5-star hotel boasts refined design, impeccable service and top-of-the-line accommodations. It is the first hotel in Korea to join the Autograph Collection, Marriott International’s premium portfolio of distinctive hotels. Our premium resort hotel Yeosu BELLE MER, launched in 2020, provides perfect oceanfront relaxation. We also launched the MATIÈ hotel brand in 2022, which is designed for Gen Z and Millennial trendsetters, that has already received rave reviews. To meet growing demands from younger consumers for more leisure activities and comfort, we expect to launch 10 or more MATIÈ franchised properties around the nation by 2030.
South Korea's leading premium leisure services company, Hanwha Hotels & Resorts provides customers with relaxation and comfort at various resorts and leisure facilities at home and abroad. Designed for exceptional convenience and friendly service, our remodeled resort complexes around the country encourage guests to connect with nature and relax in comfort as they enjoy unique, authentic and memorable experiences. Launched in 2018, our Geoje Belvedere is an upscale beachfront resort complex that offers guests a complete holistic experience. The seaside retreat immerses travelers in wellness and wellbeing. Nestled between a lush coastal mountaintop and an idyllic sea, the Belvedere is the ultimate destination where nature and luxury meet.
Experienced in developing and operating advanced railway stations, such as Seoul Station and Cheongnyangni Station, Hanwha Connect is a premier developer and manager of commercial complexes. We strive to realize our vision of providing new experiences and creating central spaces for the urban lifestyle by connecting various cultures and businesses. Part of that goal is enhancing our competitiveness by continuously renewing interiors and merchandising of each branch. In the future, we will expand our business by operating commercial facilities that surround Seoul Station and Daejeon Station, creating a model of growing together with the local community.
E&C Work Reference
Aug 2011 to Feb 2014
and Desalination PlantRas Az Zawr, Saudi Arabia
Dec 2007 to Sep 2010
2012 to 2021
2017 to 2020
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation, the parent company of the Hanwha Group, is a global manufacturing company that has directly contributed to the growth of South Korea's economy. There are 3 divisions under the Hanwha Corporation: Global, Defense, and Machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing company operating in three business areas—explosives and chemical, defense, and machinery. In 1959, Hanwha was the first domestic manufacturer of dynamite in South Korea. After having successfully developed safer, high-quality industrial explosives and fire process products, we have been able to supply the South Korean government with the crucial means to rebuild its cities and infrastructure.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts has grown into South Korea's premier leisure and service provider since 1979 as the developer of South Korea’s first resort condominium project.
- Hanwha Galleria Founded in 1976, Hanwha Galleria has specialized in retail services with a strong focus on department stores. Along with Galleria Luxury Hall, South Korea’s first and premier department store, we provide differentiated customer experiences via a network of department stores in local areas. We also operate other retail businesses, including global brand direct sourcing, retail sales of exclusive brands and Food & Beverage operations.
- Hanwha Connect Hanwha Connect is the nation’s premier developer and manager of multifunctional commercial facilities.
Our Global Footprint
marketing & sales
CHINA, IRAQ, KOREA, KUWAIT,
SAUDI ARABIA, UAE, AND USA