Hanwha is on a quest to excel and innovate with the spirit of a challenger to broaden expertise
in financial services. Hanwha's financial service business is driven to achieve world-class performance
for valued customers.
- Hanwha Life to Build a FinTech Ecosystem Hanwha Life has long engaged in corporate social responsibility activities for diverse groups such as children and adolescents. In October, the CSR activities will be extended to young entrepreneurs who will be given the opportunity to contribute innovative and disruptive technology solutions to the FinTech ecosystem to be established by Hanwha Life.
- Hanwha Life's Head of FinTech and Head of Innovation Center Dong Won Kim Shared Insights at the Boao Forum Asia Held from March 22nd to 25th, 2016, in Boao, China, Boao Forum for Asia, also known as the “Davos Forum of Asia” concluded after four days of successful talks that featured world leaders in economics, business and technology. Among the event’s many prominent guests, Dong Won Kim, Head of FinTech and Head of Innovation Center of Hanwha Life, was invited as an official panelist to the Boao Forum’s Young Leaders Roundtable (YLR) session held on March 22nd.
- Hanwha Life Total Assets Exceeds 100 Trillion KRW (82.2 Billion USD) Seventy years after being founded in 1946 as Korea's first life insurance company and only eight years after breaking the $41.1 billion mark in total assets in 2008, Hanwha Life (President and CEO Nam-Gyu Cha) has reached a new milestone by recording 100 trillion KRW ($82.2 billion) in total assets. By maintaining its current rate of growth, the company is on course to exceed 200 trillion KRW in total assets ($164.4 billion) by 2024.
- Hanwha Group Expands Presence in Global FinTech Market Hanwha Group is entering the global FinTech market. The company has signed an agreement to establish a FinTech joint venture with Dianrong of China, following a strategic memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the company in November 2015.
- Hanwha Group Explores Solutions for Future Growth Engines and Accelerates Drive to Enhance Global Core Business Competitiveness at Davos Forum Hanwha Group participated in the Davos Forum in Switzerland to step up the company's efforts in strengthening competitive capabilities for future global key businesses.
- Hanwha Life Donates Medical Facility, Housing in Vietnam Hanwha Life constructed and donated a new medical clinic to provide healthcare services to residents in a remote rural region in Vietnam and donated life insurance policies as part of the company's "Love Life" service campaign.
Hanwha Life Boosts Its Presence
in the Asian Market Hanwha Life Insurance, founded in 1946 as Korea's first life insurance company, is forging ahead to become an Asian insurance powerhouse. Rewriting the history of Korean insurance as the first company to expand overseas as well as the first insurance company to have established a wholly-owned local subsidiary, Hanwha Life is accelerating its efforts to become the leading insurance company in China, Indonesia and other Asian markets by building on its successes in Vietnam.
Hanwha Asset Management
to Establish Joint Venture in China Hanwha Asset Management struck a joint venture agreement with China’s state enterprises Tianjin Hi-Tech Holding Group Co., Ltd. and Northern International Holdings Co., Ltd. in order to establish a joint venture asset management company in Tianjin on September 11.
Hanwha offers a complete financial services platform in insurance, securities, asset management and banking, ensuring greater value creation for individual and institutional customers by continuously adapting to today’s rapidly-evolving capital markets.
Total Assets Over 100 billion USD
Korea's 2 nd Largest non-Banking financial solutions provider
Hanwha Life Nation’s 1 st life insurer in Korea
Hanwha is a solid and stable partner, offering comprehensive financial solutions
that range from life insurance to asset management.
- Hanwha Life Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company with the longest history in Korea. It has been driving the development of the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth with our customer-oriented management philosophy. In 2016, Hanwha Life reported total assets of 82.2 billion USD. It has also received a sterling AAA credit rating from Korea’s top rating agencies for the past eight consecutive years.
- Hanwha Asset Management Hanwha Asset Management is among Korea’s top three asset management companies in terms of assets under management (AUM). The company offers a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, hedge funds, ETFs, and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first Korean insurance company to begin business solely funded by domestic capital. We have since grown into an insurer with USD 3.6 billion in direct premiums written and total assets of USD 9 billion. We have played a pivotal role in developing the domestic general insurance industry and strive to deliver a comprehensive product portfolio spanning from longterm insurance to auto and property insurance, using advanced services to enhance customer value.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Hanwha Investment & Securities is Korea’s top-tier asset management services provider, offering a full spectrum of financial services and products, including brokerage and equities acquisition, bonds, and derivatives. Since our establishment in 1962, we have been well positioned as a reliable partner.
- Hanwha Investment Established in 2000, Hanwha Investment has been focused on managing venture funds for the nation’s major pension funds and institutional investors, delivering stellar business performance. We have become a trusted partner for venture capital startups, and we are striving to seek out and invest in promising young companies around the world.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank was brought into the Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. We pursue external growth with experienced sales units and new evaluation methods, while simultaneously promoting disciplined management, extending the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions, and supporting small and medium-sized businesses. We are now a sound savings bank whose growth is powered by the confidence of our customers.
Hanwha is opening a new chapter as one of the prominent, emerging leaders in the global market.
marketing & sales
USA, UK, CHINA, JAPAN,
INDONESIA, VIETNAM, KAZAKHSTAN,