Products & Services
's Business Areas
Hanwha is constantly seeking new opportunities on a global scale through which Hanwha can enhance
what Hanwha offers to its customers. From China, the Americas and Europe, to emerging markets
in Southeast Asia and the Middle East, its goal is to support local operations, embrace the skills
of new workforces and bring greater value and prosperity to the world.
- Aerospace & Mechatronics Explore How Hanwha's Technology in Aerospace & Mechatronics Brings Smarter, Safer, and More Convenient Tomorrow
- Chemicals & Materials Introduction to Petrochemicals of Hanwha - Innovative, yet Sustainable Solutions for Businesses and the Next Generation.
- Construction Capitalizing on its extensive experience and technologies in every area of construction, Hanwha is rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20% since 2002.
- Financial Services With a total financial service platform of insurance, securities, asset management and banking products, ensures greater value creation for individual and institutional clients by continuously adapting to today’s rapidly-evolving capital markets.\u000b
- Leisure & Lifestyle With businesses in the fields of retail, hospitality, resorts, IT services, property development and advertising, Hanwha has a strong global presence in the Leisure & Lifestyle.
- Solar Energy With global-level capacity and top-quality solar products and services, Hanwha is rapidly becoming one of the most trusted names in the solar industry worldwide.
Laying solid foundations
for quality growth around the globe
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives company, quickly becoming the leader in the South Korean explosives industry. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Techwin Hanwha Techwin, established in 1977, started out as an aircraft engine and film camera manufacturer. Since its founding, the company has led South Korea’s precision machinery industry and, based on its technologies in optics, video, and aircraft engines, diversified its portfolio to include aircraft and gas turbine engines, energy equipment, defense, security, and industrial equipment.
- Hanwha Land Systems Since entering the defense business in 1983, Hanwha Land Systems has been developing and manufacturing ground weapons systems, playing a pivotal role in enhancing the combat power of the Korean armed forces. After joining Hanwha Group in 2015 as a core defense affiliate, it is creating great synergy with the Group’s other defense units. In July 2017, Hanwha Techwin decided to spin off its civilian and defense businesses and Hanwha Land Systems, originally the defense business unit under Hanwha Techwin, was launched as a separate company with specialized independent management and an aim to strengthen its competitiveness.
- Hanwha Systems As a defense electronics company, Hanwha Systems has significantly advanced the defense capabilities of South Korea’s military since the company was founded in 1978. It became a member of the Hanwha Group in 2015. From the product development of weapon systems operation to integrated logistics and post production support (ILS, PPS), Hanwha Systems offers a complete solution with ground, naval, air command, control, communication, computer, and intelligence (C4I), guided weapons, electronic warfare (EW), and future combat systems. We are recognized as a globally competitive total solutions provider.
- Hanwha Defense Systems Established in 1937, Hanwha Defense Systems is a comprehensive defense equipment provider. Our superior production capability and technology enable our company to deliver infantry fighting vehicles, air defense weapons, guided weapons, launching systems, high-precision navigation, and laser weapons. We became an affiliate of the Hanwha Group in 2016. We are accelerating towards our goal to become a global top-tier company in the industry.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems entered the industrial energy equipment market in 1997 based on its reliable technologies and extensive experience built up in the gas turbine engine sector. Since then, it has grown into a global company with worldwide sales of more than 4,500 units annually. Based on its expertise in air compressors for various industrial applications, the company has developed a rich lineup of technology-intensive products with high added value, including fuel gas compressors for power plants, boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants, extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery Hanwha Precision Machinery succeeded in South Korea’s first domestic production of chip mounters in 1989 and has since grown into a total solutions provider, offering products from ultra-precision machinery to integrated software through nonstop technology innovation.
- Hanwha Chemical Established in 1965, Hanwha Chemical is a comprehensive chemical company with streamlined production systems for polyethylene (PE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and chlor-alkali (CA). As South Korea’s leading petrochemical company, we are highly influential in the nation’s chemical industry, producing high-quality PVC, CA, and low-density polyethylene (LDPE) at competitive prices. In 2012, we successfully commercialized high-density ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) for the first time in South Korea. Just four years later, we also localized the production of chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC), enhancing the quality of our PVC. More recently, we’ve been building a production line that can produce up to 30,000 tons of CPVC annually. We have partnered with the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) to establish the KAIST-Hanwha Chemical Future Technology Research Center, a significant step forward to further enhance quality and continue our incredible pace to innovate.
- Hanwha General Chemical Hanwha General Chemical was established in 1974 and then acquired by Hanwha Group in 2015. It was the first company in South Korea to localize the production of purified terephthalic acid (PTA), which had been the backbone industry and the driving force of the national economic development. Today, the company has an annual capacity of two million tons. A primary component in many types of polyester, PTA is used in textile, industrial fiber, film, and paint, its application expanding continuously.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Since its founding in 1988, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has tirelessly led South Korea’s petrochemical industry with technology innovation and global expansion. In a 2003 joint venture with the Total Group, a major French energy and chemical company, we formed a global energy and chemical company, a strong platform for growth. After becoming a Hanwha affiliate in 2015, we achieved a record-breaking business performance.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Hanwha E&C has been rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20 percent since 2002 by leveraging its extensive experiences from many of its past construction projects and by applying its new and most effective technologies. Our competitiveness is internationally recognized; we ranked 72nd on the list of the top global contractors (with construction revenues of more than USD 521 billion) in Engineering News Record in 2014, the international publication called the “bible of the construction industry.”
Hanwha Q CELLS
Hanwha Q CELLS is a total solar power solution provider with the world’s largest cell production capacity. Our business scope ranges from the midstream of ingots, to wafers, cells, and modules, to downstream solar solutions for residential, commercial buildings, and solar power plants. Our full spectrum of products creates synergy with Hanwha Chemical’s polysilicon business. This completes the total vertical integration of Hanwha’s solar businesses.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Korea Founded in April 2011, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea aims to become a global leader in the downstream solar market, delivering integrated solar power plant solutions encompassing development, construction, and operation. Beginning with the completion of a rooftop solar power plant in Changwon in November 2011, we have been creating innovative and environmentally-friendly approaches to the construction of solar power plants. For example, we have made use of land and facilities that have stood dormant, including drainage pump stations, unused roads, and sewage treatment centers. We are expanding the 1.5GW cell plant in Korea aiming to start manufacturing early 2016.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Founded in 1965, Hanwha Advanced Materials is operating businesses in areas of lightweight composite materials & molded parts for automobiles, high-functional films for mobile display, and high-efficiency film materials for solar power plants. Our company vision also defines: “A high-tech materials company that protects the values of humanity and the environment.” With our innovative line of products and technologies, we have built local production and R&D networks in South Korea, the US, Europe, and China. Our sales in global markets continue to rise.
- Hanwha Energy Established in 2007, Hanwha Energy is an eco-friendly comprehensive energy company. We operate a cogeneration plant that provides a stable supply of high-quality electricity and ultra-high pressure steam to companies in the national industrial complexes in Yeosu and Gunsan. Besides the obvious benefits of having readily available power, the plant also positions the companies to be more competitive . Our cutting-edge technology enables us to consistently comply with the South Korean government’s minimum requirements for energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Yeochun NCC Yeochun NCC operates the world’s leading naphtha-cracking facility in the Yeosu National Industrial Complex, located on the southern tip of the Korean Peninsula. Established in 1999 from the merger of naphtha-cracking facilities owned by Hanwha and Daelim, their fifty-fifty joint venture annually produces 1.91 million tons of ethylene, 970,000 tons of propylene, and 2.32 million tons of various petrochemical feedstocks, including benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene monomer, and butadiene.
- Hanwha City Development Hanwha City Development has been recognized as the leading private developer of high-tech industrial complexes since its establishment in 2001. Starting with our success in Daedeok Techno Valley, additional projects followed such as the Asan Techno Valley project (2,984,000m2, 300 enterprises, 8,000 households), the Seosan Techno Valley project (1,994,000m2, 200 enterprises, 6,000 households), the Gimhae Techno Valley project (1,522,000m2, 200 enterprises), and the Gyeonggi Hwaseong Bio Valley project (1,745,000m2, 200 enterprises). Each project stood out on its own merits and each one received high marks. The projects are considered exemplary development models and, not surprisingly, have been benchmarked by several local governments.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company with the longest history in South Korea. Early on, we served in a critical role in the development of the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth – always with our customers in mind. In 2016, we grew in size but made sure we remained structurally sound, even as we reported total assets of USD 82.2 billion. At the end of 2015, our premium income stood at USD 13.22 billion, and we had achieved a 277 percent risk-based capital (RBC) ratio, which shows sound asset quality. We have also received a sterling AAA credit rating from South Korea’s top rating agencies for the past nine years.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first Korean insurance company to begin business solely funded by domestic capital. We have since grown into an insurer with USD 3.6 billion in direct premiums written and total assets of USD 9 billion. We have played a pivotal role in developing the domestic general insurance industry and strive to deliver a comprehensive product portfolio spanning from longterm insurance to auto and property insurance, using advanced services to enhance customer value.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Established in 1962, Hanwha Investment & Securities is South Korea’s top-tier asset management service provider, offering a full spectrum of financial services and products, including brokerage and equities acquisition, bonds, and derivatives. Even in the midst of an ever-changing capital market, we are constantly enhancing customer value through customer and field-focused management.
- Hanwha Asset Management Founded in 1988, Hanwha Asset Management has grown into a comprehensive asset management company offering a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, hedge funds, ETFs, and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets. At the end of 2015, we were among South Korea’s top three asset management companies with USD 56.63 billion in assets under management (AUM). We have top-tier expertise and well-organized systems in all areas, including product development, research, compliance, and risk management. All our products and services cater to the needs of our customers because we put to practice our principle and management philosophy of placing our customers first before anything else.
- Hanwha Investment Established in 2000 as a venture capital company, Hanwha Investment Corp. has become one of the leading global venture investment firms in South Korea. We have a long track record for outstanding investment returns and long-standing relationships with the nation’s major pension funds and institutional investors. We have been successfully managing more than 20 funds and have become the business partner for hundreds of startup companies. In 2015, we successfully established three new funds totaling USD 10.7 billion with investment focuses in ICT, fintech, and renewable energy sectors.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank joined the Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. Even in an unfavorable business climate, we are able to safely pursue external growth with our experienced sales teams while maintaining a disciplined management. We also extend the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions and support small and medium-sized businesses.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts began operations in 1979 as the developer of South Korea’s first resort condominium project. The company has made great strides since joining Hanwha in 1986. By operating resort, hotel, and food service businesses, we are working to become South Korea’s premier leisure and food service provider.
- Hanwha Galleria Since its founding in 1976, Hanwha Galleria has set the trend for premium lifestyles as the leader in the retail industry in South Korea.
- Hanwha Galleria Timeworld Hanwha Galleria Timeworld is the largest high-end department store in central South Korea. Specializing in luxurious fashion brands from around the world, the store is home to the area’s first Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Prada stores—cementing its status as the premier high-end shopping destination in Daejeon. Our landmark store is easy to navigate through and provides lounges where customers can rest leisurely while they shop. It also serves as a cultural hub, housing a community center that hosts more than 400 seasonal programs during the year.
- Hanwha 63 City Hanwha 63 City was founded in 1986 as a property management firm, providing comprehensive services to raise the value of its client assets.
- Hanwha S&C Founded in 2001, Hanwha S&C provides world-class IT solutions and services to a variety of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, construction, distribution, and education. We are also becoming a convergence industry leader in areas of fintech, Internet of Things and big data.
- Hanwha Station Development Hanwha Station Development is our nation’s premier developer and manager of railway stations. Since its founding in 1987, we have pioneered the retail and leisure culture by combining commercial complexes with private stations. We developed the building complexes for the centrally located Seoul Station and the Cheongnyangni Station, logistics hubs in the northeastern part of Seoul. By leveraging our expertise and capabilities in business assessment, concept development, project financing, lease marketing, construction management, and facility operation, we are fast becoming an industry-leading developer and manager of commercial complexes.
- Hanwha Eagles The Hanwha Eagles were founded as the seventh Korea Baseball Organization (KBO) club in 1985. The Eagles’ home ballpark is the Hanwha Life Eagles Park located in Daejeon, South Korea, making the club the highest-profile sports organization in the Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do region. Founded as the Binggrae Eagles in 1985, the club changed its name into the Hanwha Eagles in 1993. Winning their first Korean Series championship in 1999, the Hanwha Eagles are one of KBO's leading teams, with five seasons as the runner-up of the Korean Series including in 2006. The Eagles became the first team in Korean baseball history to advance into the playoffs three years in a row, from 2005 to 2007, and members of the team formed the backbone of Korea's national baseball team that wowed fans by reaching the final four in 2006 and placing second in 2009 in the World Baseball Classic games. The club has produced many legendary players throughout its history, including Hyun-Jin Ryu, the first ever KBO player to go directly to MLB. As one of the top pro baseball teams in Korea, the Hanwha Eagles always strive to return the love and dedication shown by their fans. The Eagles brought in Kim Sung-keun as the team's manager in 2014, taking the team's performance to the next level and winning new fans. The Hanwha Eagles always aim to bring the highest level of enjoyment to their fans and local community by fielding their best performance each and every game, regardless of what the scoreboard says. Off the field, the team is devoted to a wide variety of corporate social responsibility activities and is a key partner in efforts to develop local communities.