Hanwha is constantly seeking new opportunities on a global scale through which Hanwha can enhance
what Hanwha offers to its customers. From China, the Americas and Europe, to emerging markets
in Southeast Asia and the Middle East, its goal is to support local operations, embrace the skills
of new workforces and bring greater value and prosperity to the world.
- Advanced Materials Hanwha is a competitive futures business dealing with composite materials for automotive weight reduction, electronics components, and EVA sheets and back sheets used for solar modules.
- Chemicals As a leading petrochemical company and the first PVC producer in Korea, Hanwha is now pushing forward to new business areas such as renewable energy while its petrochemical business is expanding its foothold in the global market.
- Construction Capitalizing on its extensive experience and technologies in every area of construction, Hanwha is rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20% since 2002.
- Financial Services With a total financial service platform of insurance, securities, asset management and banking products, ensures greater value creation for individual and institutional clients by continuously adapting to today’s rapidly-evolving capital markets.\u000b
- Leisure & Lifestyle With businesses in the fields of retail, hospitality, resorts, IT services, property development and advertising, Hanwha has a strong global presence in the Leisure & Lifestyle.
- Manufacturing & Trading Hanwha has grown into a world-class, diversified manufacturing and trading firm encompassing industrial explosives and defense & aerospace industry as well as serving the global marketplace.
- Solar Energy With global-level capacity and top-quality solar products and services, Hanwha is rapidly becoming one of the most trusted names in the solar industry worldwide.
Laying solid foundations
for quality growth around the globe
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was the first Hanwha Group company to be established. Since our foundation in 1952, we have grown into a diversified manufacturing and trading company serving the global marketplace.
- Hanwha Techwin Hanwha Techwin was formed by strategic acquisition in 2015. Hanwha Group plans to maximize the synergy between the company and other precision mechatronics and aerospace affiliates, helping us to create an industrial conglomerate with a diverse range of business lines that includes precision machinery, electronics parts assembling equipment, energy equipment, semiconductor parts, and self-propelled howitzers. We have already succeeded in broadening our portfolio to security, energy/industrial equipment and the aerospace industry, and also leveraged our technological edge to enter the robot control market.
- Hanwha Systems Hanwha Systems is a total solution provider of defense electronics. The origins of Hanwha Systems were established in 1978, and since then Hanwha Systems has grown to become one of the leading companies contributing to the self-defense capabilities of the Republic of Korea, with advanced technologies for highprecision electronics and information & communications.
- Hanwha Defense Systems Hanwha Defense Systems was founded as Chosun Machine Works in 1937, and its defense business was established in 1973 under the name Korea Machinery Industries Corp. Relaunched as Hanwha Group's subsidiary company in June 2016,
- Hanwha Chemical Hanwha Chemical was the first company in Korea to produce PVC, LDPE, linear low-density polyethylene, and chlor-alkali. Since our establishment in 1965, we have been manufacturing basic petrochemical products that have served as the foundation of different industries.
- Hanwha General Chemical Hanwha General Chemical Co. was founded in 1974, and acquired by Hanwha Group in 2015. As the first company in Korea to domestically manufacture PTA, the main component material of polyester, Hanwha General Chemical has localized the production of raw materials for textile fiber production.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Hanwha Total Petrochemical , founded in 1988, has played a leading role in the development of the Korean petrochemical industry through continuous technological innovation and global market expansion. In 2003, Hanwha Total Petrochemical established the foundations for growth into a global energy and chemical company by forming a joint venture with Total Group, a French global energy and chemical company. It was newly integrated as an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015 and plays a pivotal role as Korea's largest chemical company.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Capitalizing on extensive experience and technologies gained over the course of numerous construction projects, Hanwha E&C has been rapidly growing into a global player at an annual average growth rate of 20% since 2002. Our competitiveness is internationally recognized, ranking 72nd on the list of Global Contractors announced by the international construction magazine Engineering News Record (ENR) in 2014. Our goal is to become a world-renowned construction company by 2020 with our “Design the World” vision.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Hanwha Q CELLS is a total solar power solution provider with the world’s largest cell production capacity.
- Hanwha Q CELLS Korea Founded in April 2011, Hanwha Q CELLS Korea aims to become a global leader in the downstream solar market, delivering integrated solar power plant solutions encompassing development, construction, and operation.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Hanwha Advanced Materials is a materials company with competitiveness in materials such as lightweight composite materials for automotive parts, electronics and solar materials.
- Hanwha Energy Hanwha Energy is an eco-friendly company that pursues a sustainable business model. We operate a 373 MW, 1,950 ton state-of-theart cogeneration plant which provides a stable supply of high-quality electricity and ultra-highpressure steam to companies in the national industrial complexes, enhancing their competitiveness. We always comply with the Korean government’s policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Yeochun NCC Yeochun NCC operates the world’s leading naphtha cracking facility in the Yeosu National Industrial Complex on the southern tip of the Korean Peninsula. Established in 1999 from the merger of naphtha cracking facilities owned by Hanwha and Daelim, this highly competitive 50:50 joint venture annually produces 1.91 million tons of ethylene, 970,000 tons of propylene, and 2.32 million tons of various petrochemical feedstocks, including benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene monomer, and butadiene.
- Hanwha City Development Hanwha City Development has been recognized as a leading private developer of hightech industrial multiplexes since our successful completion of the Daedeok Techno Valley in 2009. Other successful projects include: Asan Techno Valley (2,984,000m2, 300 enterprises, 8,000 households, completed in 2014), Seosan Techno Valley (1,994,000m2, 200 enterprises, 6,000 households, scheduled to be completed in 2015), Gimhae Techno Valley (1,522,000m2, 200 enterprises, scheduled to be completed in 2016), and Gyeonggi Hwaseong Bio Valley (1,745,000m2, 200 enterprises, scheduled to be completed in 2016). These projects have all received high evaluations and are viewed as exemplary regional development models after being benchmarked by several local governments.
- Hanwha Life Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company with the longest history in Korea. It has been driving the development of the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth with our customer-oriented management philosophy. In 2016, Hanwha Life reported total assets of 82.2 billion USD. It has also received a sterling AAA credit rating from Korea’s top rating agencies for the past eight consecutive years.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first Korean insurance company to begin business solely funded by domestic capital. We have since grown into an insurer with USD 3.6 billion in direct premiums written and total assets of USD 9 billion. We have played a pivotal role in developing the domestic general insurance industry and strive to deliver a comprehensive product portfolio spanning from longterm insurance to auto and property insurance, using advanced services to enhance customer value.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Hanwha Investment & Securities is Korea’s top-tier asset management services provider, offering a full spectrum of financial services and products, including brokerage and equities acquisition, bonds, and derivatives. Since our establishment in 1962, we have been well positioned as a reliable partner.
- Hanwha Asset Management Hanwha Asset Management is among Korea’s top three asset management companies in terms of assets under management (AUM). The company offers a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, hedge funds, ETFs, and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets.
- Hanwha Investment Established in 2000, Hanwha Investment has been focused on managing venture funds for the nation’s major pension funds and institutional investors, delivering stellar business performance. We have become a trusted partner for venture capital startups, and we are striving to seek out and invest in promising young companies around the world.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank was brought into the Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. We pursue external growth with experienced sales units and new evaluation methods, while simultaneously promoting disciplined management, extending the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions, and supporting small and medium-sized businesses. We are now a sound savings bank whose growth is powered by the confidence of our customers.
- Hanwha Hotels & Resorts Hanwha Hotels & Resorts owns and operates an international network of hospitality and leisure businesses. We began operations as the developer of Korea’s first resort condominium project in 1979, and grew rapidly after joining Hanwha in 1986. In 2009, we merged with Hanwha Development and Hanwha 63 City, creating a diversified business portfolio that includes hotels, resorts, gourmet restaurants, banquet services, and leisure attractions.
- Hanwha Galleria Since being founded in 1976, Hanwha Galleria has set the trend for premium lifestyles as the top player in the retail industry.
- Hanwha Galleria Timeworld Hanwha Galleria Timeworld is the largest high-end department store in the central part of Korea. It specializes in luxurious fashion brands from around the world, hosting the area’s first Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Prada stores, and cementing its status as the premier high-end shopping destination in Daejeon. The landmark is easy to navigate and provides lounges where customers can rest as they shop. It is also a cultural hub, housing a community center that caters to a broad range of activities with over 400 seasonal programs during the year.
- Hanwha 63 City Hanwha 63 City manages buildings and real estate property for numerous clients, including Hanwha affiliates. Among our properties is the landmark 63 Building. Founded in 1986 and acquired as a Hanwha affiliate in 2002, we have accumulated significant expertise in property management, consulting, leasing, and facility maintenance. We also provide state-of-the-art solar and geothermal energy solutions to the residential and commercial markets. The synergies of our business portfolio with the rest of the Group’s have provided the key to our continuous growth. We will continue to innovate and satisfy our customers, standing as Korea’s number one property management expert.
- Hanwha S&C Founded in 2001, Hanwha S&C provides world-class IT solutions and services to a variety of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, construction, distribution, education, and green energy. We are working hard to improve the value and competitiveness of our clients by synthesizing smart technology and creative ideas.
- Hanwha Station Development Hanwha Station Development is the developer and manager of two major commercial railway stations in Seoul. We developed the complex for the centrally located Seoul Station and Cheongnyangni Station, a logistics hub in the northeastern part of Seoul. With this expertise, the company will become a professional commercial facility development and operation company.
- Hanwha Eagles The Hanwha Eagles were founded as the seventh Korea Baseball Organization (KBO) club in 1985. The Eagles’ home ballpark is the Hanwha Life Eagles Park located in Daejeon, South Korea, making the club the highest-profile sports organization in the Daejeon and Chungcheongnam-do region. Founded as the Binggrae Eagles in 1985, the club changed its name into the Hanwha Eagles in 1993. Winning their first Korean Series championship in 1999, the Hanwha Eagles are one of KBO's leading teams, with five seasons as the runner-up of the Korean Series including in 2006. The Eagles became the first team in Korean baseball history to advance into the playoffs three years in a row, from 2005 to 2007, and members of the team formed the backbone of Korea's national baseball team that wowed fans by reaching the final four in 2006 and placing second in 2009 in the World Baseball Classic games. The club has produced many legendary players throughout its history, including Hyun-Jin Ryu, the first ever KBO player to go directly to MLB. As one of the top pro baseball teams in Korea, the Hanwha Eagles always strive to return the love and dedication shown by their fans. The Eagles brought in Kim Sung-keun as the team's manager in 2014, taking the team's performance to the next level and winning new fans. The Hanwha Eagles always aim to bring the highest level of enjoyment to their fans and local community by fielding their best performance each and every game, regardless of what the scoreboard says. Off the field, the team is devoted to a wide variety of corporate social responsibility activities and is a key partner in efforts to develop local communities.