Hanwha's Business Growth: Behind the Number
May 1, 2017 (KST)
- Hanwha Qcells Hanwha Qcells (Hanwha Solutions Qcells division) is one of the world’s leading clean energy companies, recognized for its established reputation as a manufacturer of high-performance, high-quality solar cells, and modules, a portfolio of intelligent storage systems, and a growing international pipeline of large-scale renewable energy projects. Hanwha Qcells also provides renewable electricity retail services and packages to end customers the world over. The company is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ) with its diverse international manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Malaysia, China, and South Korea. Hanwha Qcells strives to offer Completely Clean Energy through the full spectrum of photovoltaic products, storage solutions, renewable electricity contracting, and large-scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, Hanwha Qcells provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, governmental, and residential markets.
- Hanwha TotalEnergies Petrochemical Since its founding in 1988, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has led the growth of the petrochemical business in South Korea through technology innovations and market expansion strategy. In 2003, Hanwha Total Petrochemical set out to build a foundation to become a global chemical and energy company. The company executed its plan by forming a joint venture with the Total Group, a major French company in the energy and chemical industry. Since then, and after becoming a Hanwha affiliate, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has achieved a record-breaking financial performance.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Founded in 1965, Hanwha Advanced Materials has developed an innovative line of environmentally conscious products and technologies that meet the needs of our customers around the world. We developed local production plants and R&D centers in South Korea, the US, Europe and China. In December 2022, we were spun off from Hanwha Solutions to enhance our business expertise and operational efficiency. With our lightweight composite materials and solar materials, we are recognized as a global advanced materials specialist.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company that is both the first and the oldest in South Korea. Early on, we played a critical role in developing the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth. In 2017, we expanded but made sure to stay structurally sound. We reported total assets of USD 102.96 billion. At the end of 2017, we achieved a 206.4 percent risk-based capital (RBC) ratio, demonstrating the soundness of our asset quality. Our strong credit ratings from both domestic agencies and abroad attest to our creditworthiness. We have received sterling AAA credit ratings from South Korea’s top rating agencies for the past eleven years. From abroad, we received global credit ratings of A1 from Moody's and A+ from Pitch international credit rating agencies.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Hanwha E&C has quickly grown into a global player by leveraging its extensive experience in construction projects and by implementing its new technologies and long-term expertise across industrial, chemical, and power plants, civil engineering works, commercial buildings, and more. We have averaged an annual growth rate of 30 percent since 2002, and gained international recognition. We’ve been recognized as a top global contractor in Engineering News Record and our works are often referred to as the “bible of the construction industry.”