Hanwha's Business Growth: Behind the Number
- Hanwha Qcells With world-class technology and high quality, Hanwha Qcells captured the biggest market share in major markets including Germany, the UK, South Korea, and Japan.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Since its founding in 1988, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has led the growth of the petrochemical business in South Korea through technology innovations and market expansion strategy. In 2003, Hanwha Total Petrochemical set out to build a foundation to become a global chemical and energy company. The company executed its plan by forming a joint venture with the Total Group, a major French company in the energy and chemical industry. Since then, and after becoming a Hanwha affiliate, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has achieved a record-breaking financial performance.
- Hanwha Advanced Materials Founded in 1965, Hanwha Advanced Materials’ vision is “A high-tech materials company that protects the values of humanity and the environment.” To achieve this vision, we’re developing an innovative line of products and technologies that are more environmentally conscious while catering to the needs of our customers around the world. We produce lightweight composite materials and thermoformable components for automobiles, highly efficient advanced film for solar energy, and high-performance coating films for mobile phones and display. We have also developed local production plants and R&D centers in South Korea, the US, Europe, and China. Our global sales continue to rise.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company that is both the first and the oldest in South Korea. Early on, we played a critical role in developing the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth. In 2017, we expanded but made sure to stay structurally sound. We reported total assets of USD 102.96 billion. At the end of 2017, we achieved a 206.4 percent risk-based capital (RBC) ratio, demonstrating the soundness of our asset quality. Our strong credit ratings from both domestic agencies and abroad attest to our creditworthiness. We have received sterling AAA credit ratings from South Korea’s top rating agencies for the past eleven years. From abroad, we received global credit ratings of A1 from Moody's and A+ from Pitch international credit rating agencies.
- Hanwha Engineering & Construction Hanwha E&C has quickly grown into a global player by leveraging its extensive experience in construction projects and by implementing its new technologies and long-term expertise across industrial, chemical, and power plants, civil engineering works, commercial buildings, and more. We have averaged an annual growth rate of 30 percent since 2002, and gained international recognition. We’ve been recognized as a top global contractor in Engineering News Record and our works are often referred to as the “bible of the construction industry.”