Aerospace & Mechatronics
- Innovations 5 Technologies That Will Shape Innovation in 2023
- Sustainability Stepping into Sustainability in 2023: Hanwha’s Continued Partnership with Davos
- Sustainability Hanwha’s Year in Review 2022
- Innovations Hitching a Ride Above Town: How Hanwha is Propelling Urban Air Mobility Forward
- Innovations Hanwha Enters into a New Era of Sustainability With 70th Anniversary Celebration
- Sustainability Hanwha Sets Its Sights on the Future of Sustainability with UN Vision 2045
- Innovations Shooting for the Moon: The KPLO Launch and Hanwha
- Press Release Hanwha Systems, Hanwha Defense and OneWeb Sign MOU for Australian Military Satellite Connectivity Services
- Press Release Hanwha Aerospace Partners with Vertical Aerospace to Develop Electromechanical Actuators (EMAs)
At Hanwha, we provide solutions to create sustainable infrastructure on Earth and in space by innovating proprietary aerospace technologies. We have accumulated expertise in a range of business areas focused on the future of humanity, developing original technologies including engines for space-launch vehicles, advanced Earth orbit observation, satellite-based communication capabilities and urban air mobility (UAM). As part of our bold vision for the future, we also aim to explore space and search for natural resources and energy. But our solutions aren’t limited to the atmosphere. Hanwha is also creating an industrial ecosystem to enhance the safety and enrich the lives of our customers right here on Earth by offering integrated solutions for the future, including intelligent AI camera and analysis technology, AIoT platform convergent technology and blockchain security.
's Aerospace Businesses for Leading the Space Age
- Hanwha Aerospace
- Liquid-fuel engines,
solid-fuel rockets and satellite thrusters
- Hanwha Systems
- Communications satellites
- Satrec Initiative
- Earth-observation satellites
in the space age
The Hanwha Space Hub is our cutting–edge task force to explore opportunities in the emerging space industry, overseeing research, development and investments across the aerospace business spectrum. We are actively developing diverse space business models, including space–launch vehicle engines, satellites and antennas, satellite–based communications and Earth orbit observation. As we focus on vertical integration to propel the industry to new heights, we are vigorously advancing by partnering with key innovators, such as Satrec Initiative, Kymeta and OneWeb.
Trusted partner in the global aircraft industry
Pioneering sustainable urban air mobility
and security innovation
Building on world-class technologies and expertise in optics design, image processing and manufacturing, Hanwha Vision is raising the bar in international video surveillance solutions. By leveraging our longtime core technologies in deep learning, AI and business intelligence analytics, we are developing sophisticated AI cameras and industry-specific solutions that meet the special needs of multiple industries, such as retail, transportation and security. Looking ahead, with the goal of transforming into a platform-oriented solutions provider, we will secure a cloud-based AIoT platform, using AI and machine learning, and expand our business into ISaaS (Intelligent Surveillance as a Service), which translates visual data into actionable information for customers.
Specialized in automation engineering solutions, Hanwha Corporation/ Momentum leads the machinery equipment industry by focusing on vacuum deposition processing, heat treatment, logistics and software capabilities. We supply worldwide market–proven turnkey solutions for secondary batteries, solar power, displays and automation. Our rechargeable battery equipment particularly demonstrates our outstanding leadership by providing proven solutions from materials to electrodes, assembly, formation and module pack processes based on advanced technologies. By capitalizing on our vacuum deposition processing technology, the core technology of photovoltaic cell manufacturing equipment, we are also well positioned to perform turnkey projects of high–quality and high–efficiency cell and module manufacturing facilities. In precision machinery, Hanwha offers its flagship product, the Surface Mount Technology (SMT) chip mounter, along with customized solutions for semiconductors and display equipment. In addition, we are accelerating our global market entry by providing customized machine tool solutions, including computer numerical control (CNC) automatic lathes, which already enjoy South Korea’s largest market share.
* Hanwha Precision Machinery will be acquired by Hanwha Corporation in 2023.
One of South Korea’s leading defense electronics manufacturers, Hanwha Systems designs, develops and delivers high–tech systems to worldwide markets. Our differentiated smart technologies tap the synergy of advanced defense electronics and future–ready ICT technologies. We provide tailor–made integrated intelligence and operations solutions using our unique technologies in command, control, communication, computer and cyber and intelligence (C5I). We also offer cutting–edge systems that encompass land, sea and aerospace. Our advanced radar and optronics technologies inform missions of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR).
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation, the parent company of the Hanwha Group, is a global manufacturing company that has directly contributed to the growth of South Korea's economy. There are 3 divisions under the Hanwha Corporation: Global, Defense, and Machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing company operating in three business areas—explosives and chemical, defense, and machinery. In 1959, Hanwha was the first domestic manufacturer of dynamite in South Korea. After having successfully developed safer, high-quality industrial explosives and fire process products, we have been able to supply the South Korean government with the crucial means to rebuild its cities and infrastructure.
- Hanwha Aerospace Hanwha Aerospace began operations in 1977, producing aircraft engines and film cameras. Since then, it has aggressively invested in R&D to grow into a major presence within the aircraft/gas turbine engine industry. Hanwha Aerospace’s dramatic evolution was made possible by the successful development of industry leading and proprietary technologies that give it the competitive edge needed to succeed around the world. In addition to technological advancement, Hanwha Aerospace also focuses on developing industry expertise and the ability to comprehensively address changing market demands as well as the ability to anticipate future market shifts.
- Hanwha Systems As a leading global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies in defense ICT and information infrastructure. In August 2018, we launched the new ICT division through the merger with Hanwha S&C. Our ICT division will enable us to increase our leadership in defense electronics by leveraging advanced defense IT and system integration capabilities. And by strengthening our SI business competencies, we will be able to expand into areas of public infrastructure and private security.
- Hanwha Vision Hanwha Vision provides optimal security solutions for different industries, with our full lineup of products ranging from CCTV and storage devices to integrated management software. Based on 30 years of experience and best technology in the field of optical and video processing, we are able to satisfy diverse customer needs with excellent product lineup, while maintaining a global top-tier status with advances in R&D that meet the changes in housing and industrial paradigms. With production facilities in China, Vietnam and in Korea, Hanwha Vision manufactures 2.7 million video surveillance devices. Our service network covers Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, China and Asia and 76 percent of our sales come from our overseas markets.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery After developing the first chip mounter in 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery has become a leading worldwide Smart Factory solutions provider, offering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) mounters, semiconductor equipment, insertion and assembly automation equipment, collaborative robots, industrial automation equipment, and integrated software solutions.
Our Global Footprint
CAMBODIA, CHINA, HUNGARY,
KOREA, AND USA
marketing & sales
SOUTH AFRICA, KENYA, GERMANY,
POLAND, RUSSIA, HUNGARY, GREECE,
IRAN, TURKEY, KAZAKHSTAN, UAE,
INDIA, MYANMAR, CAMBODIA, VIETNAM,
SINGAPORE, INDONESIA, PHILIPPINES,
CHINA, KOREA, JAPAN, AUSTRALIA,
USA, BRAZIL, CHILE AND UK