Products & Services > Affiliates > Hanwha Techwin
Established in 1977, Hanwha Techwin’s advanced optical technology and imageprocessing technology have made us a global leader in video surveillance. We’ve heavily invested in R&D to innovate and meet the ever-changing market needs. In so doing, we’ve been gaining recognition as a global top-tier company. By applying our experience and subject matter expertise to our product development, we’ve been able to create a complete line of security solutions from CCTVs and video recorders to integrated management software. Our products are designed to meet every application including urban surveillance, retail, transportation, and banking.
We manufacture over 2.7 million video surveillance devices in South Korea, China, and Vietnam. They are sold through our sales networks across Europe, the Americas, China, Middle East, and Asia. Currently, 76 percent of our sales comes from our overseas markets.
For more information, please visit :
Hanwha's businesses span chemicals & materials, aerospace & mechatronics, solar energy, finance,
leisure & lifestyle, and construction. Through the integration of our growing number of affiliate enterprises worldwide, we are harnessing the power of sustainable, quality growth to continually increase the value we bring to our customers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing and trading company operating in four business areas—explosives, defense, trading, and machinery.
- Hanwha Aerospace Hanwha Aerospace began operations in 1977, producing aircraft engines and film cameras. Since then, it has aggressively invested in R&D to grow into a major presence within the aircraft/gas turbine engine industry. Hanwha Aerospace’s dramatic evolution was made possible by the successful development of industry leading and proprietary technologies that give it the competitive edge needed to succeed around the world. In addition to technological advancement, Hanwha Aerospace also focuses on developing industry expertise and the ability to comprehensively address changing market demands as well as the ability to anticipate future market shifts.
- Hanwha Land Systems Hanwha Land Systems entered the defense industry in 1983, developing and producing land systems that played a pivotal role in increasing the defense capabilities of South Korea’s armed forces. We became an affiliate of Hanwha Group in 2015. Just two years later, we were spun off from Hanwha Techwin in 2017 as an independent and specialized defense company and renamed Hanwha Land Systems. We are building synergy with other defense affiliates, which reflects the Group’s decision to separate commercial and defense businesses.
- Hanwha Systems As a leading global total solutions company, Hanwha Systems provides differentiated smart technologies in defense ICT and information infrastructure. In August 2018, we launched the new ICT division through the merger with Hanwha S&C. Our ICT division will enable us to increase our leadership in defense electronics by leveraging advanced defense IT and system integration capabilities. And by strengthening our SI business competencies, we will be able to expand into areas of public infrastructure and private security.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. Since then, we’ve become a global powerhouse and have sold more than 5,000 units worldwide. Using advanced technology, we developed high-value-added product lines. Our product lines include air compressors for industrial processes, fuel gas compressors for power plants, boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants, and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD/HD (low duty/high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Precision Machinery After developing the first chip mounter in 1989, Hanwha Precision Machinery has become a leading worldwide Smart Factory solutions provider, offering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) mounters, semiconductor equipment, insertion and assembly automation equipment, collaborative robots, industrial automation equipment, and integrated software solutions.