- Sustainability Stepping into Sustainability in 2023: Hanwha’s Continued Partnership with Davos
- Sustainability Hanwha’s Year in Review 2022
- Press Release Hanwha Qcells Joins R&D Project in Europe Aimed at Mass Production of Tandem Solar Cells
- Sustainability Better Soil, Better Life: 5 Ways Companies and Communities Can Celebrate World Soil Day
- Sustainability Sustainability for All: How Hanwha’s SDG Commitment Creates Prosperity and Progress
- Sustainability Defining Moments: How Hanwha is Aligning with COP27 in the Fight Against Climate Change
- Innovations Hanwha Enters into a New Era of Sustainability With 70th Anniversary Celebration
- Sustainability As U.S. Opens Door to Clean Energy Shift, Hanwha Steps Through
- Sustainability Clear Skies Ahead: How Hanwha’s Hydrogen Push Could Help Lower Global Emissions
A circular economy that facilitates efficient and eco-friendly use of resources is now a pressing global priority. In response, Hanwha is taking the lead in fast-tracking carbon neutrality and promoting a sustainable infrastructure that dramatically reduces carbon emissions by manufacturing green essential materials. We are also expanding investment in and development of innovative technologies as we continue to advance our eco-friendly and high-value-added chemical businesses, including recycling waste plastics and eco-friendly bioplastics.
's sustainable technologies for a better future
- Hanwha Solutions
- Eco–friendly premium plasticizer•Plastics-to-Chemicals technology•Plastic recycling technology
- Hanwha Corporation
(as a means of hydrogen storage
and transportation)•Silicon gas for semiconductor
and secondary battery processes
- Hanwha Impact
- Convergent technologies
storage and utilization
A prominent leader in South Korea’s chemical sector, Hanwha continues to develop eco–friendly technology and high–value products while exploring how best to care for generations going forward as well as for the planet. Hanwha Solutions Chemical Division is advancing toward carbon neutrality with a differentiated suite of technologies and solutions, such as ECO–DEHCH, an eco–friendly premium plasticizer, as well as with research into biodegradable and bio–based plastics and carbon molecular sieves.
Hanwha is also promoting future business in fine and inorganic chemicals by upgrading its existing model and improving its fundamentals. Hanwha Corporation/Global continues to discover and create high value–added businesses that provide energy sources, including hydrogen and ammonia required to make eco–friendly energy and materials necessary for semiconductor and secondary battery processes. By investing in REC Silicon, with US plants that produce special gas for semiconductor as well as polysilicon, we are expanding our business into high value–added core industrial materials.
One of the world’s most pressing priorities is to adopt an eco–friendly circular economy that facilitates efficient and sustainable use of limited resources. In response, Hanwha is taking the lead in building a plastics circular economy ecosystem that dramatically reduces carbon emissions by developing chemical recycling technology that breathes new life into used plastics. Hanwha Solutions Chemical Division’s Plastics–to–Chemical technology, in particular, is a new eco–friendly solution that enables continuous recycling of plastics by extracting naphtha from waste plastics and reproducing them into basic raw materials through core catalysts and process technologies.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation, the parent company of the Hanwha Group, is a global manufacturing company that has directly contributed to the growth of South Korea's economy. There are 3 divisions under the Hanwha Corporation: Global, Defense, and Machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing company operating in three business areas—explosives and chemical, defense, and machinery. In 1959, Hanwha was the first domestic manufacturer of dynamite in South Korea. After having successfully developed safer, high-quality industrial explosives and fire process products, we have been able to supply the South Korean government with the crucial means to rebuild its cities and infrastructure.
- Hanwha Solutions Hanwha Solutions is a newly formed corporation with the merger of Hanwha Chemical, Hanwha Qcells, and Hanwha Advanced Materials in January of 2020. Hanwha Solutions operates in three business areas: chemicals, total energy solutions, and advanced materials.
- Hanwha Impact Hanwha Impact is leading the change for a sustainable future with low-carbon, sustainable energy, and innovative future-ready projects.
- Hanwha TotalEnergies Petrochemical Since its founding in 1988, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has led the growth of the petrochemical business in South Korea through technology innovations and market expansion strategy. In 2003, Hanwha Total Petrochemical set out to build a foundation to become a global chemical and energy company. The company executed its plan by forming a joint venture with the Total Group, a major French company in the energy and chemical industry. Since then, and after becoming a Hanwha affiliate, Hanwha Total Petrochemical has achieved a record-breaking financial performance.
- Yeochun NCC Yeochun NCC operates the world’s leading naphtha-cracking facility in the Yeosu National Industrial Complex. The facility was built in 1999 and is located on the southern tip of the Korean Peninsula. Yeochun NCC represents a fifty-fifty joint venture between Hanwha and Daelim, two South Korean conglomerates that own naphtha-cracking facilities. The facility annually produces 1.95 million tons of ethylene, 1.11 million tons of propylene, and 5.50 million tons of various petrochemical base materials, including benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene monomer, and butadiene.
Our Global Footprint
CHINA, CZECH REPUBLIC,
KOREA, AND USA
marketing & sales
MEXICO, CHINA, GERMANY,
HUNGARY, INDIA, JAPAN,
KOREA, MALAYSIA, POLAND,
SINGAPORE, TURKEY, AND USA