- Press Release Hanwha Affiliates Leverage Capacity to Establish a Clean Hydrogen Value Chain
- Press Release Hanwha Ocean’s Green Maritime Technologies Earn Global Recognition at Gastech 2023
- Innovations Sustainable Synergy: Bridging the Gap With Hydrogen to Gas Turbine Technology
- Press Release Hanwha Aerospace and Hanwha Ocean Collaboration Secures Eco-Friendly ESS Technology for Large Vessels
- Sustainability Envisioning the Future: How Hanwha Qcells' CEO Justin Lee Accelerates the Energy Transition With Innovative Solar Solutions
- Press Release Hanwha Qcells Holds No. 1 Market Share, Surpasses 35 Percent in U.S. Residential and Commercial Solar Sectors
- Press Release Hanwha Becomes World’s First to Successfully Demonstrate a 59.5% Hydrogen Co-firing Rate in 80-megawatt-class Gas Turbines
- Press Release Hanwha Qcells Receives 8th Consecutive PVEL Top Performer Accolade Along With EUPD Research and n-tv Life & Living Awards
- Sustainability Greener Seas for the Blue Planet: Exploring Sustainable Marine Solutions
Hanwha is ramping up its response to the challenges of climate change as green energy becomes a global necessity. As a comprehensive green energy solutions provider, we are pioneering future markets by combining our energy production and transportation know-how with our expertise in energy sources and materials. Hanwha is at the forefront of building a green energy value chain that encompasses solar, hydrogen, and wind energy as well as green marine solutions. Our solar power business is expanding from module production to a fully integrated supply chain, in addition to offering high-value-added services using information technology. We are accelerating our development of onshore and offshore wind power generation and creating sustainable transformation in the ocean and marine energy ecosystem. From land-based energy solutions to low- and zero-carbon marine technologies, we are tapping into green energy’s outstanding potential and strengthening our competitiveness as a green energy solutions provider to lead the way to net zero.
's green energy solutions
- Hanwha Solutions
- Solar energy & hydrogen
production, solar energy retail,
- Hanwha Solutions
- Hydrogen production
tanks for storage
- Hanwha Power
- Hydrogen combustion
hydrogen recharging system
- Hanwha Energy
of solar power plants
and energy retail
- Hanwha Corporation
- Ammonia as a means
of hydrogen storage
- Hanwha Solutions
- Solar energy development
- Wind farms
- Hanwha Ocean
- LNG transportation,
and green ship solutions
Hanwha Solutions has become a global leader in the solar industry, known for its leading technology and excellence in quality. Our goal is to establish a complete solar value chain, spanning everything from solar cell and module production to ESS, power plant development, and retail energy as we grow our presence in major global markets. Ranked No. 1 in market share in both residential and commercial solar module markets in the US, we are now expanding our footprint worldwide. In January 2023, we made history by investing an unprecedented $2.53 billion in the US solar energy industry—the largest investment of its kind to date. With this investment, we have established production lines for our core solar value chain in North America. Also in January, we forged a strategic partnership with Microsoft to create a global solar alliance. Working together, we are committed to accelerating the use of green energy and to reducing carbon emissions on a global scale. In South Korea, we are developing the largest floating solar power plants and utility-scale solar power plants in the country by utilizing sea salt farms. We believe such projects will not only revitalize local economies but also help to achieve carbon neutrality. Looking ahead, we plan to reinforce our position as a total energy solutions provider by leveraging our capabilities in solar power plant operations and management.
Hanwha is committed to developing green technologies. We are aggressively investing in green hydrogen as a clean energy source that can significantly help realize global carbon neutrality. By innovating comprehensive value chains, we are expanding into the hydrogen economy, from production and storage to delivery and utilization, including water electrolysis technology and more. Our hydrogen energy business is already being recognized around the world. We have supplied hydrogen tanks to Shell, a global energy company, to support the company’s efforts in extending its hydrogen refueling network across California. With an optimal energy generation solution designed to support a carbon–neutral society, we are tapping into green hydrogen energy’s outstanding potential.
to wind energy
Hanwha is strengthening its competitiveness as a green infrastructure developer to spearhead the transition toward carbon neutrality. In 2020, Hanwha Corporation/Engineering & Construction further established its presence in the wind power business with the completion of the 76MW Yeongyang and 25MW Jeju Sumang wind farms in South Korea. In 2022, we effectively scaled our wind power business by securing a contract for the Yangyang Suri wind farm, which will generate 90MW of clean energy. To broaden our portfolio, we are overseeing development of the 400MW Shinan Ui offshore wind power project and conducting research for the development of several new offshore wind farms. Hanwha is committed to expanding our wind power infrastructure as we develop onshore and offshore projects with a total capacity of 2GW by 2030. At present, Hanwha Solutions QENERGY Division is constructing a 150MW wind farm in France, which will help accelerate the diversification of our business portfolio in Europe. Adding to this is Hanwha Ocean’s active pursuit of building wind turbine installation vessels (WTIV), with the aim of securing dominance in a rapidly growing market.
To advance the global energy transition and efforts toward carbon neutrality, Hanwha is helping bridge present-day energy gaps with our LNG and hydrogen co-firing solutions. These bridge technologies are expected to accelerate the transition to clean energy and play a critical role in combating climate change and creating a sustainable future. We are leveraging our advanced LNG-related technologies to build an integrated value chain that covers everything from production to storage, transportation, and power generation. In South Korea, we have formed partnerships in the public sector, with the aim of providing affordable electricity in Yeosu and Tongyeong. Overseas, starting in Vietnam, we will expand our business portfolio through the construction of LNG power plants and storage tank terminals.
In the field of hydrogen co-firing, Hanwha is working to secure global market dominance, using proprietary technology to power gas turbines and produce electricity. This technology will help bridge the gap for producers until carbon-free hydrogen fuel-based turbines are brought to market. By harnessing on our unique technology and commercialization capabilities, we have successfully entered the co-firing hydrogen gas turbine retrofit business in the US and Europe. In South Korea, we are expediting the commercialization of 50% co-firing hydrogen power generation for an 80MW or larger LNG gas turbine. With our commitment to continuous R&D, Hanwha will work to expedite the development of technology for 100% hydrogen-fueled clean power production.
Using our proprietary technology and experience, Hanwha Ocean is developing innovative green and digital technologies to help build a sustainable energy ecosystem that fully realizes the ocean’s vast potential. We have unrivaled technology and experience in building LNG carriers, which include fuel gas supply systems (FGSS) and partial regasification systems (PRS). We expect to solidify our global competitiveness in shipbuilding and offshore innovations as we develop eco-friendly vessels fully equipped with green ship solutions, such as high manganese steel tanks and rotor sails. As we successfully delivered the world’s first FLNG (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas) platform by capitalizing on our advanced facilities and platform development capabilities, we will continue to expand our horizons and create a new energy ecosystem through areas such as digital smart yards, smart ships, and building WTIVs.
- Hanwha Solutions Hanwha Solutions provides a range of solutions in several fields through differentiated technology and innovation. We are growing as a global leader by responding to climate change with smart eco–friendly energy solutions and customer–focused materials. We are committed to enriching the future with sustainable solutions for all.
- Hanwha Ocean Hanwha Ocean is a leading global company with extensive expertise and experience in the shipbuilding and offshore industry. Boasting the world’s most competitive LNG carriers built with eco-friendly and highly efficient technology, the company has continuously pioneered new businesses since 1973, producing a vast range of vessels, including commercial ships, drillships, and specialty ships. Hanwha Ocean will be at the forefront of pioneering advanced marine solutions for decarbonization and further expand Hanwha’s green energy ecosystem to create positive, sustainable change throughout the world.
- Hanwha Energy Established in 2007, Hanwha Energy is a comprehensive energy solutions company. We operate cogeneration plants that provide a stable supply of high-quality electricity and ultra-high-pressure steam to companies in national industrial complexes in South Korea. By providing readily available power, our plants improve the competitive advantage of our off-takers. Our cutting-edge technology consistently complies with South Korean government requirements for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Hanwha Impact Hanwha Impact is leading the charge for a net-zero future with low carbon, sustainable energy and innovative future-ready projects. A subsidiary of Hanwha Solutions, the company secures revolutionary technologies through a range of business development and open innovation via active mergers, acquisitions and strategic investments aimed at creating a positive impact on people and the planet. Hanwha Impact seeks to lead next-generation sustainable advancements through forward-thinking innovations in various fields, including eco-friendly energy, biotechnology, and digital and data technology.
- Hanwha Power Systems Hanwha Power Systems launched in 1997 on the strengths of reliable technology and deep experience in gas turbine engines. Since then, we’ve become a global powerhouse and have sold more than 5,000 units worldwide. Using advanced technology, we developed high-value-added product lines. Our product lines include air compressors for industrial processes, fuel gas compressors for power plants, boil-off gas compressors for LNG terminals and plants, and extremely low-temperature compressors, expanders, and LD/HD (low duty/high duty) compressors for LNG carriers.
- Hanwha Corporation Hanwha Corporation, the parent company of the Hanwha Group, is a global manufacturing company that has directly contributed to the growth of South Korea's economy. There are 3 divisions under the Hanwha Corporation: Global, Defense, and Machinery. Hanwha Corporation was founded in 1952 as Korea Explosives Company, quickly becoming the leader in the explosives industry of South Korea. It has since grown into a global manufacturing company operating in three business areas—explosives and chemical, defense, and machinery. In 1959, Hanwha was the first domestic manufacturer of dynamite in South Korea. After having successfully developed safer, high-quality industrial explosives and fire process products, we have been able to supply the South Korean government with the crucial means to rebuild its cities and infrastructure.
- Hanwha Qcells Hanwha Qcells (Hanwha Solutions Qcells division) is one of the world’s leading clean energy companies, recognized for its established reputation as a manufacturer of high-performance, high-quality solar cells, and modules, a portfolio of intelligent storage systems, and a growing international pipeline of large-scale renewable energy projects. Hanwha Qcells also provides renewable electricity retail services and packages to end customers the world over. The company is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ) with its diverse international manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Malaysia, China, and South Korea. Hanwha Qcells strives to offer Completely Clean Energy through the full spectrum of photovoltaic products, storage solutions, renewable electricity contracting, and large-scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, Hanwha Qcells provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, governmental, and residential markets.
Our Global Footprint
CHINA, AND KOREA
KOREA, CHINA, MALAYSIA,
marketing & sales
AUSTRALIA, CANADA, JAPAN,
USA, TURKEY, HUNGARY,
POLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY,
*60+ countries, as of 2018