- Sustainability Hanwha’s Year in Review 2023
- Innovations Envisioning the Future: How Hanwha Life CEO Seung Joo Yeo Empowers Communities with Digital Finance Solutions
- Innovations Hanwha Connects to Golf Fans with the 2023 Hanwha LIFEPLUS International Crown
- Press Release Hanwha Life Acquires Lippo General Insurance to Enhance Global Reach with Digital Capabilities
- Innovations Fintech Trends: 4 Insights for Today and Tomorrow
- Innovations 5 Technologies That Will Shape Innovation in 2023
- Sustainability Hanwha’s Year in Review 2022
- Innovations Hanwha Enters into a New Era of Sustainability With 70th Anniversary Celebration
- Sustainability 5 Trends That Will Shape Sustainability in 2022
Offering digital financial solutions optimized for diverse lifestyles, Hanwha is generating sustainable prosperity and the growth of customers and society. We are focusing capabilities on proactively investing and advancing into tech–based financial services such as AI and big data. We expect to lead in digital financial innovation as we develop and operate a breakthrough digital platform and expand into a variety of new areas. In addition, we are continuing to support startups and young entrepreneurs to establish a healthy industry ecosystem that creates opportunities for mutual growth.
's innovative customer value creation through digital financial services
- Hanwha Life
- Automated Claim System,
- Hanwha Life Vietnam
- LIME Pro, Content-based lifestyle
financial solution app
- Hanwha General Insurance
- Smart Insu, Hanwha General Insurance’s app,
Carrot, South Korea’s first fully licensed
100% digital insurance carrier
- Hanwha Asset
- PINE fund marketplace app
for retail investors
- Hanwha Investment
- SmartM app for asset management,
STEPS app for stock trading
- Pinetree Securities
& Securities subsidiary in Vietnam)
- Stock123 and AlphaTrading apps
for local investors in Vietnam
digital financial services
As digital technologies such as Fintech accelerate, the financial industry is adjusting to unprecedented change. Hanwha Life is rapidly responding to such transformations by providing diversified financial solutions and innovative lifecare solutions powered by advanced technology. Our financial affiliates are creating a digital financial value chain that offers a wide range of services, from deal sourcing to product sales, so more people have easier and greater access to financial opportunities. We will lead the digital investment ecosystem by finding high–quality global investment assets at home and abroad, developing these into digital–based investment products and then selling them through such platforms as STEPS and PINE.
Seamless services for digitally savvy customers
LIFEPLUS & DREAMPLUS
Enriching finances and services for life’s journey
Accelerating growth by fast–tracking digital
Hanwha's financial business is accelerating across pan–Asian markets, including Vietnam, China, Indonesia and Singapore, and also diversifying from previous locations, including in the US. Hanwha Investment & Securities launched a Singapore subsidiary in 2020 following its Vietnam subsidiary opening in 2019. In addition, Hanwha Asset Management is actively pursuing global strategies by utilizing overseas business bases in Singapore, the US and China. Hanwha will emerge as a financial services leader for the diverse lifestyle needs of local customers by providing a variety of cutting–edge digital solutions. Our top priority is to serve local customers as we rev growth engines in worldwide markets.
- Hanwha Life Established in 1946, Hanwha Life is a leading life insurance company that is both the first and the oldest in South Korea. Early on, we played a critical role in developing the insurance industry and the country’s economic growth. In 2017, we expanded but made sure to stay structurally sound. We reported total assets of USD 102.96 billion. At the end of 2017, we achieved a 206.4 percent risk-based capital (RBC) ratio, demonstrating the soundness of our asset quality. Our strong credit ratings from both domestic agencies and abroad attest to our creditworthiness. We have received sterling AAA credit ratings from South Korea’s top rating agencies for the past eleven years. From abroad, we received global credit ratings of A1 from Moody's and A+ from Pitch international credit rating agencies.
- Hanwha General Insurance Established in 1946, Hanwha General Insurance is the first South Korean insurance company funded solely by domestic capital. Throughout history, we’ve played a pivotal role in developing South Korea’s general insurance industry. Today, we’re a major insurer with total assets of nearly USD 14 billion. We use advanced services to enhance customer value and offer a comprehensive product portfolio ranging from long-term insurance to auto and general insurance. We created a Consumer Protection charter, improved service quality and minimized customer inconvenience to provide an overall superior customer experience. We also expanded the scope of what our call center agents could do to ensure a one-call, one-stop system. In addition, we were the first South Korean insurer to introduce an electronic signature system, making it easier for customers to complete transactions from their mobile devices. We have even introduced a mobile application called Smart Insu, catering to the ways and needs of our customer. More than 100,000 customers have installed the app.
- Hanwha Investment & Securities Established in 1962, Hanwha Investment & Securities provides comprehensive asset management services, including brokerage and acquisition of stocks, bonds, and derivatives, as well as sales and asset management services for various financial products. With our differentiated systems and high-quality talent, we have successfully established ourselves as a reliable asset management partner. Our financial products and customer-oriented services are offered domestically and overseas.
- Hanwha Asset Management Founded in 1988, Hanwha Asset Management has grown into a comprehensive asset management company offering a full range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, MMFs, fund of funds, social overhead capital, derivatives, real estate, ETFs, special assets and PEFs in both domestic and overseas capital markets. In 2021, as part of its expansion into digital finance, Hanwha Asset Management launched the PINE app, a platform for direct sales of funds for individual investors. At the end of 2022, the company was one of South Korea’s top asset management companies with $78.63 billion in assets under management (AUM). Building on its capabilities in South Korea, the company is growing into a global asset management company by operating local subsidiaries in the U.S., Singapore and China.
- Hanwha Savings Bank Founded in 1997, Hanwha Savings Bank joined Hanwha Group in 2008 and has since grown into one of the most stable savings banks in the industry. Even in unfavorable business climates, we’ve been able to safely pursue external growth with our experienced sales teams and a highly disciplined management team. We also found success extending the fundamental roles of microfinance institutions and supporting small and medium-sized companies with great potential.
Our Global Footprint
marketing & sales
USA, UK, CHINA, JAPAN,
INDONESIA, VIETNAM, KAZAKHSTAN,